The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your power recipes here. I cooked last night and this recipe is quick, easy, and really good.

1 Beef or Pork roast
1 Bottle of Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade
1 Chopped Onion
1 Peppercorn grinder

Take the roast and put it in a crock pot on low or in the oven in a pot at a low temperature.

Pour in the marinade on top of the roast so that almost half the roast is covered in the pot.

Flip the roast a few times so that it gets covered in the marinade.

As you flip it, grind peppercorn onto the roast covering it.

Add the chopped onion

I suggest that you leave the temp low to slow cook the roast, flipping it periodically. If you leave it on low you will be able to cut the meat with a fork.

When you serve it, cook some seasoned rice, put a full scoops on your plate, slice the roast, place slices of the roast on top of the rice and cover with some of the cooked marinade and onion.

Fore reference this is what the marinade looks like (Far left):

Post yours.

·
o werd
2,688 Posts
Stuffed Green Peppers

4 Large green peppers

white rice uncooked
ground beef cooked
parsley
chopped scallions
salt/pepper to taste

Tomato paste
Tomato sauce

Mix the raw rice, cooked beef and the other stuff together.. add a little cooked tomato paste.. Stuff all that into the green pepper after gutting it... place into large pan standing up in a pool of tomato sauce and simmer till rice is cooked.

·
GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE
776 Posts
Killar Shrimp

1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc or other white wine
Marinade in the wine overnite.

2 pounds real butter.
3-4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
3-4 teaspoons black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

6 ounces of beer (best to use a cold filtered beer)
5 - 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 medium onion, very finely minced
3 ribs celery, very finely minced
3 - 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
5 pounds fresh shrimp, no shells
Melt a stick of the butter in a skillet.

Sauté the garlic, onions, celery, parsley, rosemary and seasoning blend for about 2 - 3 minutes. Melt the rest of the butter. Add the beer. Add the sautéed stuff, Worcestershire and lemon juice. Drown the shrimp in the seasoned butter, using as many baking dishes as you need. Make sure the shrimp are more or less submerged. If they're not ... melt more butter and add to the sauce. Cook in a wok (a hand hammered wok works best) or very heavy pan on the BBQ 1-2 minutes DO NOT OVER COOK

1,407 Posts
Recipie for lemon herb chicken is a closely guarded secret.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
One of my favorite chicken recipes:

'Korean' Chicken

Debone one 5 lb. box of chicken thighs.

Mix in a large bowl:

1 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
1/2 cup sugar
1 small bunch of green onions, chopped thinly
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1-2 fresh chopped chili pepper or Tabasco to taste
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)

set aside.

Combine on a large plate:

1 cup flour
about 2 teaspoons salt & pepper

Instructions:
Dredge chicken thighs in flour mixture, then add to a large frying pan with enough oil to cook the thighs.

When thighs are done and a golden brown, add them to soy sauce mixture. Let soak for about a minute, then remove them. Continue until all the chicken is cooked. Serves 3-5.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
I am single guy and I don't have the time to be cooking any long drawn out meals, i get home from work and I am hungry, if that shit can't be made in under 30 minutes, I can't cook it. Here is one of my favorites:

Waddy's Paella

Ingredients:
-1 bag of Lean Cuisine Skillet Sensations Garlic Chicken, the one with rice not with pasta, if you can't find the lean cuisine one just get the regular Skillet Sensations Garlic Chicken. Use two bags if it's more than 2 people.

-0.5 bag of peeled/cooked shrimp

-2 pounds thin sliced beef sirloin

-Garlic, red pepper, and whatever else you like to season meat and cook with.

My special ingredient is AUTHENTIC Jamaican Jerk Sauce, not that fake shit they sell in "ethnic" stores, but the real stuff that my Mom bought from a dude who lives in hills of rural Jamaica and is a direct decendant of the escaped slaves (Maroons) who invented jerk sauce as a way to cure their meet back in the late 1700's early 1800's.

Tools:

-12-inch skillet
-A grill or what I use, the George Foreman Grill Skillet, it's a skillet with raises inside it like a grill. I haven't been able to find any pics online but my Aunt got it for me as a housewarming gift 2 years ago and 90% of meals I cook are cooked in that skillet. I'll take a pic when I go home.

Preparation:

You can do this simultaneously if you have a skillet and a grill skillet (or grill)

-Season the meat meat however you see fit and start grilling it however you like, rare, medium rare, well done.
-Sprinkle some garlic in the pre-heated skillet, then when it starts melting add the bag of Skillet Sensations. Follow the instructions on the bag.
-When most of the Skillet Sensations stuff has thawed and started cooking add the half bag of shrimp, and sprinkle the red pepper. Follow the instructions on the bag and cook until everything has thawed and is cooked.
-While the Skillet Sensations stuff is still being cooked, your sirloin should be done. Take out the sirloin and start cutting into little strips, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
-When the Skillet Sensations stuff is done, put it in the plate and lay down the strips of sirloin on top of it.

You should end up with something like this with strips of sirloin on top.

Voila' enjoy Waddy's Paella.

If you are single and you make this for a date you will be getting a very nice BJ before the night is over, and you won't have to do anything nice for the chick again for at least 2 months.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Black Dragon said:
^^^and you do ALL that in under 30 minutes??!? :eek:
Yes sir, the skillet sensations takes about 15 minutes, and the sirloin needs about 7 minutes per side to be well done. So the food itself is cooked in under 20 minutes.

The rest is presentation with slicing up the sirloin, and making sure the shrimp looks prominent. But if I am making it for myself, i am usually eating within 20 minutes.

I made this for a recent chick and her roomate, they thought it was so good I was about to have a 3some! I think the Jamaican Jerk on the sirloin puts it over the top though, but even without it I am sure it is still great. Because the jerk is very spicy, so I have made the sirloin without jerk for people before and they loved.

I've made this for various chicks since Valentine's Day 2002 and no complaints yet. It was my ex's favorite dish, passed up grandma's fried chicken like whoa.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i have a few simple ones...

my tuna (never tell you the measurements, cuz there are NONE!)
can, pouch, whatever...just some Tuna.
mayo and dijon mustard (Grey Poop-on!)
Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning (nothing else!!!)

drain tuna, put in container, add mayo and dijon in equal amounts and mix (dont want it too dry or too wet...adjust to your liking though...)
add Cajun seasoning to taste (i usually make it kinda salty/spicy...whatever you want)
put on bread (whatever you like, toasted or not)
cheese preferably (i like Jalapeno and co-jack, cheddar...hell, any cheese almost)
eat and love it!

chicken (this ones easy)
get some chicken (boneless breasts are my fave...)
cream of mushroom soup
little milk
some CHEESE! shredded
rice (white)

cook the chicken (most people can do this) in a pan with a little bit of butter or whatever you prefer.
mix some milk and the mushroom soup (one-two cans depending on how much chicken...just want it to be creamy so not too much milk!)
cook rice
once chicken is done pour soup/milk mix over it and simmer
when rice is done, put on plates, put chicken on rice and smother with the soup, and add cheese....eat and love it!

you can do variations with this...such as after cooking the chicken (can even use the George Foreman to cook it...whatever) put it in a baking dish, cover with soup mix and bread crumbs and CHEESE and bake it for a little bit (till cheese melts).

homemade Hamburger Helper
noodles (thick, thin, spaghetti...what do you prefer?)
mushroom soup (again???) mixed with milk...again.
ground beef (cooked!)
onion, bell pepper, garlic, whatever else you wanna throw in, be creative!

cook the noodles, ground beef, mix up soup/milk again.
drain beef, add onions/peppers/whatever and heat them up.
drain noodles, put back in pot and add soup mix and mix/heat.
add beef/veggies whatever stuff :)
mix thouroughly.
ENJOY!

all my recipes are really simple and take under 30 minutes. like i said, no measuring...salt and pepper opional but highly recommended. and they leave a lot of room for fiddling. so there ya go.

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
Pasta Con Broccoli

1 bunch broc
4 c. shell noodles
3 tbsp. butter
1 c. whipping cream
1 c. parmesan ch.
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Cut broc into bite size pieces, discarding stems. Heat water in pot large enough to accommodate the shells and broc. Boil water, add shells, add broc 6 min. before shells are done. Cook, drain in collander. Add back to pot, add butter, cream and gently stir, over low heat til hot. Season with salt, pepper and LOTS of garlic powder. Mix well, add cheese, stir. Best when served immediately.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
1 Keg of beer
1 super car
1 idiot in rush-hour traffic

recipe for disaster.

·
Long-term troll
282 Posts
Jedi said:
Killar Shrimp

1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc or other white wine
Marinade in the wine overnite.

2 pounds real butter.
3-4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
3-4 teaspoons black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

6 ounces of beer (best to use a cold filtered beer)
5 - 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 medium onion, very finely minced
3 ribs celery, very finely minced
3 - 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
5 pounds fresh shrimp, no shells
Melt a stick of the butter in a skillet.
You fat bastard :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts