The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Altimas, TopNotch, Altimas.Net on the Big Screen." Has anyone heard of South by Southwest Music Festival (SXSW) here in Austin, Texas? Well, recently they added a film part where you can submit short films/independant films. A guy here in Austin has put together a short film with sort of a "Fast and the Furious" scene in it. It will be ready in about the next 3-4 weeks and presented at the SXSW Film Festival. Well the Alty was representin. There is a shot where the cars are lined up on either sides of the people racing and the Alty will be in that shot for sure. My bf drove my car because I was actually the "flag girl" starting the races. They filmed 2 races. One between my bro in law's 91' Tegra vs newer 94' Tegra. And the finale race was between a Lamborghini and a black Saleen with supercharger and 100 Nos shot. The Lamborghini looked so tight with those lights coming up out of the hood. And the Saleen had some holes in his hood for blow off, so you can see them shooting straight up. Other cars in the shots were a Supra, other Tegra's couple civics. domestics were a Vette and few other cars. But it was real fun. Me, my bf, my bro in law, and his gf are in all the shots where people are just hanging out. It took us about 2.5 hrs and it was all shot in a huge parking lot where the producer got the permission. Hope to see it soon.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
are they gonna go for sale?? i want one!! I wanna see it!!!

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, It was pretty cool. The main action shot is all the cars coming to a point. all lining up to make like 2 rows so the 2 Tegs can run right in between them all parked. The 2 'Tegs are already lined up ready to run side by side, i'm in the middle of them with my arms up. The Supra barrels in, Jerry comes up in the Alty next to him revving it real hard, then another Teg. On the opposite side roll in few civics, the blown Saleen and a yellow vette. They all the spot at the same time, once they screech to a halt, I throw my hands down and the 2 Tegs's barrel out of their hard! It was sweet. Had to do this shot about 6 times to get it all timed just right. But Jerry had the Alty right next to the Supra so it's the 2nd car you see. I don't know if the video will be for sale or what. The producer says that according to the rules of independant films being submitted, only the "cast" (hahaha) can see the film in it's finished product which should be in 3-4 weeks when we have a viewing party. I can let you know how it comes out then. My bf and his brother had just put the neon on the Tegra' and it looked hyped turned on. Mine looked cool with the strobes going off while pulling in and parked. Here is a shot of my bro in laws car with the neon on.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
so tight!!! can wait to see!!!!

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He says he will have VHS copies for sure shortly after the prodcution is finished. For those of ya'll around Austin, ya'll can come by our house.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
He says he will have VHS copies for sure shortly after the prodcution is finished. For those of ya'll around Austin, ya'll can come by our house.
Sweet I want to see the movie too.

·
See ya on the flipside...
394 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
Damn, that counts me out.........lonely DFW member.........

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if they sell them I'll get one out to you, or we can make copies, if everyone will buy a tape i can dub it and mail it out or whatever.

01LTD said:

Damn, that counts me out.........lonely DFW member.........

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
if they sell them I'll get one out to you, or we can make copies, if everyone will buy a tape i can dub it and mail it out or whatever.

Count me in!! how much to dub?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.