The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do you guys feel about putting your cars up against an SE-R. It seems to me that most well modded Alty's will be quicker than the SE-R. Am I correct in believing that custom aftermarket intakes, exhausts, and suspension products have higher levels of performance than what Nissan will offer as 'stock' on the SE-R?

·
SHIFT_deez nuts
4,946 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
So how do you guys feel about putting your cars up against an SE-R. It seems to me that most well modded Alty's will be quicker than the SE-R. Am I correct in believing that custom aftermarket intakes, exhausts, and suspension products have higher levels of performance than what Nissan will offer as 'stock' on the SE-R?
yeah but if u think about it, wait till the SE-R's start putting mods on their alti's ... then they will kick our ass... all they have to do is match the mods that another alti has and they will beat us with no problem.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
why would they beat us??? they are pretty much the same thing just with either a 6 speed or 5 speed auto? we dont even know how much hp they have either. I mean nissan is NOT going to be putting on headers or a race pipe or tune the a/f for less gas mileage and more power like alot of aftermarket companies will. So I think a modded se will take a ser unless they have the same mods then MAYBE the ser but probably a drivers race because the 6 speed is what seems like the only real difference... we dont even know if itll have lsd yet....

·
The Ricenator
324 Posts
Well, how does a 350z beat us?

The engine is better tuned, that's how.

A 350z with mods gets more HP out of the same exact engine we have with the same mods. It's just a better tuned car.

For that matter, anyone know how a 350z manages to outperform the altima in HP? What is it that does it?

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
Re: Re: Alty:Modded v/s SE-R

shorteeguy21 said:
yeah but if u think about it, wait till the SE-R's start putting mods on their alti's ... then they will kick our ass... all they have to do is match the mods that another alti has and they will beat us with no problem.
So true..They are going to mod their cars like we do ours.

·
I wish I had a car
162 Posts
Re: Re: Alty:Modded v/s SE-R

shorteeguy21 said:
not totally true. if the se-r comes from the factory sans a restrictive intake and exhaust then they wont really gain power like u guys do.

im sure the gearing differences will be most of it.

·
I wish I had a car
162 Posts
more than likely an open exhaust +cats, and better fuel maps and timing curves. its prolly just a similar setup that gives the maxima its 265hp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have heard that the 350z does not respond as well to intake and exhaust mods as well as the altima does. they are already tuned pretty good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts