The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I did this...I just wanted to see what would happen. I was on the freeway and see this bike cruisin down. So i decide to catch up...and I gave him the thumbs up cuz I liked the bike. It was yellow and black...sweeeeeet! He had these tight lights on it too...like underneath the handle bar...it was tight. ANyways...he pointed forward and I was like..."yea yea...i'ma lose." So i gun it...he gave me like 6 or 7 lengths and that's when I noticed he got lower...and next thing I know i see this yellow and black blur go flying by. GOd i want a motorcycle.

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and who is this monster you speak of?

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tytalian said:
I just got a Yamaha R1 and you wouldn't believe all the people that try to race.:rolleyes: From civics to vettes. All I have is a vance pipe and a solo seat and I run 10s. It is a rush and if you ever thought about getting a bike get one you won't regret it. Check this out www.Bikepics.com:D

Man...I really really really want a bike right now. THe Yamaha...is it good? I'm not too sure about Bike specs and things...hook a korean up yo!

·
3,372 Posts
I have a 2001. If you don't mind buying a used bike you can pick a 01 R1 up for around $7500-8000. I had a GSXR-750 and it was fast but the R1 is mad fast! This bike has a great powerband. From 30mph you can get to 130 in no time. 0-60 in a little under 3sec. It's a f*cking jet on two wheels. Not to mention the chick factor! If this is your first bike you may want something smaller but you will want to get a bigger the more you ride. Check out www.yamaha-motor.com. Enjoy:D

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,248 Posts
RisqEaltima80 said:

Man...I really really really want a bike right now. THe Yamaha...is it good? I'm not too sure about Bike specs and things...hook a korean up yo!
I'm not a big bike fan, but there is one that I liked. About 2 years ago I was at a local outdoor car show. And everyone was looking at this one car (well technically a bike). Anyways, me and my girlfriend got our look, and as we were leaving so was he. So we got on the hwy together, he merged into the second lane in front of me, so I slowly move into the passing lane and gun it. After he noticed I was pushing it, he got in the lane and followed. I was flooring it, and was at about 160km/h, I see him start up, so I pull into the empty middle lane. I kept my foot to the floor the whole time, but he still passed me like I was standing still.

His bike... a Suzuki T-Rex. It's got 3 wheels, 2 up front and one bigass one in the back. It drives like a car, but is considred a bike. therefore requires a helmet. Oh yeah, it also has seat belts, and racing seats.

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rlaing said:

I'm not a big bike fan, but there is one that I liked. About 2 years ago I was at a local outdoor car show. And everyone was looking at this one car (well technically a bike). Anyways, me and my girlfriend got our look, and as we were leaving so was he. So we got on the hwy together, he merged into the second lane in front of me, so I slowly move into the passing lane and gun it. After he noticed I was pushing it, he got in the lane and followed. I was flooring it, and was at about 160km/h, I see him start up, so I pull into the empty middle lane. I kept my foot to the floor the whole time, but he still passed me like I was standing still.

His bike... a Suzuki T-Rex. It's got 3 wheels, 2 up front and one bigass one in the back. It drives like a car, but is considred a bike. therefore requires a helmet. Oh yeah, it also has seat belts, and racing seats.
lol...i don't want that...I want a 2 wheel crotch rocket....go down to georgia!!! HINT HINT!!! :D

·
3,372 Posts
Rick said:
R1 oWnZ jo0 :D i know a guy with a GSXR that eats R1's, his license plate: R1EATR
No GSXR is gona eat a R1. My bros R1 with mods is pushing 150hp at the rear, and running mid 9sec 1/4. The only GSXR the would beat a R1 is the Hayabusa 1300 and they would only win at top speeds. I'm not taking anything away from suzuki all sport bikes are fast.

·
donor cycle
15,111 Posts
i think his gsxr runs 9's too, but i am checking to be sure...

however, you rationale leads me to believe that no where, no way can a GSXR beat any R1?? :confused:

that is like saying no 1st gen can beat a 3rd gen altima right?? My next license plate should read: 3GENETR

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so what do you guys think about gettin a cbr 900??? Maybe a Ducati??? What would be THE BEST bike to get?

·
Honda/Acura AllMotor Guru
888 Posts
If you have never owned a bike, anything bigger that a 600 is a death trap .... in fact most modern 600's would be a deathtrap to you!!

Start small and used. Think about a '90-'97 Yamaha FZR600. More than enough power, and awesome handling, and can be bought for anywhere from $2,000-$4,000.

If you REALLY have to have a new bike, then get a Yamaha YZF R6.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy anything over 600 as your first bike ..... take a year or two and get used to the 600's, then if you REALLY feel you need something faster, then bump up to the next class.

And Osama .... there are absolutely ZERO Altimas that could run with even a stock current generation 600cc sportbike, no matter what kind of crack you are smoking. Even a turboed one running 20 psi of boost (or whatever it needs to get to high 10's) barely has a chance.

·
donor cycle
15,111 Posts
Daremo said:
And Osama .... there are absolutely ZERO Altimas that could run with even a stock current generation 600cc sportbike, no matter what kind of crack you are smoking. Even a turboed one running 20 psi of boost (or whatever it needs to get to high 10's) barely has a chance.
so you are saying that every sportbike 600cc and greater runs at least low 11's?? c'mon now!!

·
Honda/Acura AllMotor Guru
888 Posts
Daremo said:
.... a stock current generation 600cc sportbike,
No, that's what I said ...... meaning the current crop of 600's out there.

My FZR was a mid 11 bike (power-wise, not rider-wise - my mechanic said it was the fastest FZR 600 he had ridden after only some mild tweaks - full pipe, ignition advance, filter, jets), and this was back in '93 ....... they have only gotten faster and better.

·
donor cycle
15,111 Posts
even out of the late model sport bikes, I personally RARELY see them bust better than 11's... there are a handful of 10 sec. and even 9 sec. ones around here, but the majority of the ones I see run are running mid to high 11's...

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha thanks daremo...if not for that bit of advice...i'd probably end up on rotten.com showing the dumbass korean driving his first motorcycle....and wrecking it into a guardrail or something...YIKES

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.