The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the aluminum pedal covers off my Z yesterday and put them on a 3.5 Altima SE. The clutch and brake pedal fit PERFECTLY and looked very nice. The gas pedal did NOT fit however as they are entire drive-by-wire assemblies. I also have not tried the dead pedal yet, but have heard that it is too big. I know Wild Willy sells a matching dead pedal on this board, maybe he can make a gas pedal to match as well.

I will also be trying the Maxima gas pedal later this week. If so, you will be able to get a complete set of matching aluminum pedals for CHEAP!!!

Fpr now, you can check out the prices for the brake and clutch here.LINK

I'll follow up in this thread when I find out more info. Maybe start pressuring Wild Willy for that gas pedal as well! :D

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
Show pics

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**my'02altima** said:
Show pics
Sorry man, I put the pedals back on my Z. The owner of the Altima has already ordered the brake and clutch pedal and I can post pics when he gets them on. The website I listed has great pics of the pedals if you want to see the detail.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
POWERZ said:
I

I'll follow up in this thread when I find out more info. Maybe start pressuring Wild Willy for that gas pedal as well! :D

The problem with the Altima gas pedal...is attaching it.....It is just one big piece of plastic....I'll work on it as soon as it warms up here

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. That's why they don't sell just a pedal, but the whole assembly.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
Re: Re: Aluminum pedals!

wild willy said:
The problem with the Altima gas pedal...is attaching it.....It is just one big piece of plastic....I'll work on it as soon as it warms up here
That was the biggest problem in attaching my aftermarket pedal covers. The gas pedal has this huge arm that supports the pedal surface. My solution was to drill through it.

I thought about making some sort of bracket that would not require drilling, but gave up and drilled as it was quicker. Instead of making a bracket that clamps side-to-side as most cover do, I had thought about a clamp that would work top to bottom, something kind of like [)|(] if you can imagine from the crude diagram.

Like I said though, just got the drill out and was done in a few minutes.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
fro my gas ped, i drilled a hole through it and placed a both through it with a lock washer and nut behind it, seems to be working fine for me

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Aluminum pedals!

mwessinger said:
That was the biggest problem in attaching my aftermarket pedal covers. The gas pedal has this huge arm that supports the pedal surface. My solution was to drill through it.

I thought about making some sort of bracket that would not require drilling, but gave up and drilled as it was quicker. Instead of making a bracket that clamps side-to-side as most cover do, I had thought about a clamp that would work top to bottom, something kind of like [)|(] if you can imagine from the crude diagram.

Like I said though, just got the drill out and was done in a few minutes.
I know exactly what you mean and those are the only 2 Ideas that I have too. Drilling may be the best, but a lot of people are not going to want to do that.

Aluminum is not a very good material to bend..it usually cracks..If i have to bend it as much as it will be necessary to get it to clamp on the pedal......I don't know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the gas pedal molded to the arm? I mean, is it all one big plastic piece or could the pedal be removed and replaced?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
POWERZ said:
Is the gas pedal molded to the arm? I mean, is it all one big plastic piece or could the pedal be removed and replaced?
it's all one

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
I put the Nokya pedals on my car over the weekend and the damn brake pedal I swear looks crooked no matter how I adjust it. The clutch pedal fits nicely and the gas pedal one was a little too long for the pedal. You cant really see it but Im glad its a little bigger. Now my size 7.5 can crash on it and have enough room for my foot to slide everywhere but off the pedal. The dead pedal looks ok too.

·
Proud '02 owner
2,852 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum pedals!

wild willy said:
I know exactly what you mean and those are the only 2 Ideas that I have too. Drilling may be the best, but a lot of people are not going to want to do that.

Aluminum is not a very good material to bend..it usually cracks..If i have to bend it as much as it will be necessary to get it to clamp on the pedal......I don't know.

warm it with a torch Willy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sht dawg said:
They do sell the pedal by itself.
That's funny you found that. I remember seeing the gas pedal for 25 bucks one day and 125 bucks the next! Marketing...

Anyway, the Maxima gas pedal does NOT work either. So I'll be ordering the complete set of Z pedals and finding a way to make the gas pedal work. I'll post pics when I get it done.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
just my opnion, but i got the ichibahn (well i should say my g/f got them for me) but some of the best looking pedals i have seen, plus easy to install, just remove the factory pads and then there is a beacket clamp that goes over the factory plate then the pedal screws to the mounting clamp. intsall took 5 min on the break and clutch and dead ped (screwed to floor) gas i had to drill and bolt clamp to the factory one then the pedal scres to the clamp.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
POWERZ said:
So I'll be ordering the complete set of Z pedals and finding a way to make the gas pedal work. I'll post pics when I get it done.
very nice! cant wait to see how that works out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
GTW00 said:
... i got the ichibahn
I agree, those look very nice! How much were they?

The only reason I am pursuing other options is because I'm not sold on the idea of clamp on covers yet...

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
GTW00 said:
[the dead ped. was $50 [/B]

OMG Wild Willly's home made custom fit..High quality pedals are under priced:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts