The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 auto GXE, with just a few mods and 70k miles on her, it's been awesome to me except a few minor problems. Just got a 03 maxima (still representing nissan) SE 6 speed (1 month ago). So i'm gonna gear more towards that, but still gonna have the alty as my everday driving baby!!

Right now on the max, i have: 18" x 8 OZ racing supperlaggera 3 piece forged, wraped in mich pilot sport. Frankencar Intake with apxi filter, Cattman y-pipe, stillen front tower brace and rear anti sway bar. stock dynoed at 206 hp, now i'm sitting at 225. running in at a decent 13.95 quater with a 2.17 60'

anyways just wanna thank everyone's help!

>> no matter how much the max is faster, Alty is still the best in my mind <<

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
You broke a 13 in a Max with just bolt on's? I'd love to see that slip......A friend of mine runs a sc'd 99 Max and only runs mid 13's.

·
Pacman
341 Posts
That's sure as hell what I thought...

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Plus the 6-Speeds gives you a better set of gears to work with because the ratios are closer together.

·
Registered
128 Posts
wait a minute the 03 MAX comes with 260hp i dont see why you are sitting on 225hp something is wrong,but still great #s in a quater mile

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Scorpion83 said:
wait a minute the 03 MAX comes with 260hp i dont see why you are sitting on 225hp something is wrong,but still great #s in a quater mile
260hp is at the flywheel. The 225hp is at the wheels

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Scorpion83 said:
ohh ok.Damm,it losses a lot of HP :(
Well from what I understand that was posted before, Nissan lied when they stated the 260hp. It was actually the same as the Altima, 240hp. But I haven't been here in awhile and haven't been on .org so I don't know what the story with that was. But yeah, the hp numbers that manufacturers put out are the flywheel numbers and not at the wheels

·
Registered
128 Posts
it sucks i drove an altima 2003 v6 and it feel like a four cyl car,i can beat it with my sorry ass 97 altima it a shame that sucks,i dont like it any more

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Scorpion83 said:
it sucks i drove an altima 2003 v6 and it feel like a four cyl car,i can beat it with my sorry ass 97 altima it a shame that sucks,i dont like it any more
you sure it was a 3.5 and not a 2.5? The 3.5 is pretty quik for the size of the car.

·
2,446 Posts
There is no way a 3.5se will feel anything like your 97 altima.

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
you people have to in acount that u typically lose 20 to 30% due to the drive train so if u figure the maxima has 260 at the flywheel subtract 20% (which is 52) you get 208 at the wheels. Which means lordhowe's car was right wear it should have been.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Eccho said:
you people have to in acount that u typically lose 20 to 30% due to the drive train so if u figure the maxima has 260 at the flywheel subtract 20% (which is 52) you get 208 at the wheels. Which means lordhowe's car was right wear it should have been.
I think I already established that but thanks:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey im not sayn that it feel like my alti but too damm sloww for a V6 there is no way you will miss the 3.5 logo on the back of the car and the two tips in the boton of the rear bumper and it was a V6 couse i saw the eng,and all i can say that the car is slow as hell,no lie:(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hmm the 2002 altima 3.5se clocked a 6.3 0-60 time!! I don't see how you think its slow.

Obtained from MT September, 2001
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 14.7
1/4 Speed: 97

·
2,446 Posts
Scorpion83 said:
hey im not sayn that it feel like my alti but too damm sloww for a V6 there is no way you will miss the 3.5 logo on the back of the car and the two tips in the boton of the rear bumper and it was a V6 couse i saw the eng,and all i can say that the car is slow as hell,no lie:(
What kind of car(s) do you drive to think that a 14 second car is slow? Either all the cars you ride in are 13 seconds or faster, I don't think your sense of speed is all that great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts