The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 Altima SE. Dark green, nice shape. The dash trim is black. I liked the wood trim that came on the LE that I test drove, so I ordered it from Nissanusa. Can anybody help? How do I get old trim off??? New trim looks like it replaces old, doesn't cover it up. Can't find any way to get the old off. Anybody want the present black trim? One other question.... Almost every 2001 Altima that I test drove had rusty nuts, bolts holding rear doors on. Makes the rear doors very hard to open, close. Is this common? Easy to replace? Or should I just grease with something? Love this car!!!

Thanks for any help. Not very car savy I'm afraid:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a 2001 gxe with a tan interior and like the wood grain too. its in two pieces. you have to pull the piece that surrounds the shifter out. its in pretty good so you have to apply some pressure be careful though. under that piece you should see some screws. unscrew those and the ones under the AC controls. then pull that piece out and that should be it.

dont know about your doors. maybe try some WD40 or that Prestone silicone ubricant.

·
I'm on a mission from God
217 Posts
The radio surround is really easy to take off folllow the instructions in the earlier post, if that is not enough do a search to get more details; my passenger rear door is a little hard to open as well just use some lithium grease or wd-40 on the hinges then wipe off the excess and don't worry about anyone liking what you like, it's all about you. Do what you like and you will never be disapointed.:cool:

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
i like the wood grain, i think its tight, but the shifter(auto) looks blah

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
i like the se wood grain. not sure how it is on 2nd gens, but in first gens the se wood grain is a different style.

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
asleepaltima said:
i like the se wood grain. not sure how it is on 2nd gens, but in first gens the se wood grain is a different style.
I would like to see some pics of what this first gen se wood trim looks like.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
I like my woodgrain, and I too have to whole dash and door panels woodgrained.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts