The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would u wire your amp up cause i had mine to the battery and it kept messin up my ECU. do i need a bigger alternator or a pre amp power cell so when the bass hits it wont drain my battery and kill my car. Any help or suggestions on what works for u would be great
rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess it is taking too much power from the battery and the ECU is not getting enough, cause i can be sittin at a stop light and when the bass hits the rpm guage goes down and one day it died and wouldnt start, so i unhooked the battery cable for a little while and didnt hook the amp back up. since then its been runnin fine but i dont have any thumps cause i dont wanna look like an idiot whith a stalled car at a light. please help

·
Registered
31 Posts
battery

It sounds like your alternator is on it's last leg. When your car is running, your battery does nothing. You can litterly remove your battery and walk away and your car will stay running. Your amp is feeding off of your alternator. Adding a cap is definitly a good choice as well. I would have your alternator tested at a local auto center.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm still a little skeptical. When you but a new alternator it's usually a remanufactured one. There is a chance you might have got a bad one. This is just a thought. A cap is just an addition to the system to improve the performance. It shouldn't be used to keep your car running. This is why I have a feeling there is something else wrong.
I ran over 1000 watts of true clean power without a cap for about 6 months without a problem. I have a 98 Altima. You should have similar results.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.