The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my minivan, it came w/ a Pioneer Premier CD player and a Pioneer H50 (if anyone remembers those) 2 channel amp driving the rear 6x9s. Lately every now and then, the back (amp) will cut out and come back and then just cut out completely. With the van running, I looked at the amp (under driver seat-plenty space) and the red power light kind of flickers and dims like it's not getting enough power. I'm going to buy a multimeter to check the voltage coming at the amp and I cleaned the battery posts and they're fine. Just wanted to see if anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions...

·
Registered
288 Posts
and in between if you don't find a problem on the ends! If it's old the insulation could have easily broken somewhere and be causing a short circuit if it touches the chassis.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's what I was figuring I'd have to do, I hate to take this van apart, guess I'll have to go get a manual so I don't break any clips, I also wish kind of that they would have done a sloppier job, the amps bolted under the seat (looks like I'll have to pull the seat) and everything's run under the carpet!
BTW, I have a Jensen 12" (xs1212), it's shiny w/ a 2"surround, is it total crap or is it decent off brand near crap? It was given to me new by a relative who works for Autozone (why couldn't he work for Eclipse?:) ) and I'm going to pull my 2 JL10s and hook it up in a 1.25 box just to see how it sounds. Just wondering if anyone has heard one, not that I would accuse any of you here of personally owning anything Jensen!!:D

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys, after tearing the front and upper dash apart for the first time w/ no manual, I finally found that it was a corroded fuse at the battery!!! I couldn't see it because it was tucked away though I should have checked first. I guess since power was getting to the amp I didn't really think about it but when I checked the power at the amp and it had started fluctuating w/ the engine running from 13 down to 6/7 volts, that's when I found it and replaced w/ a new one. Voila!

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
yea that sucks man... installing a system on my friends IS ... it wasnt turning on (the amp) we re did every focking connection over... and still nothing ... i was dumbfounded. he was gunna take it to best buy and on the way there i told him to poull over and pop the hood because it hit me that i coulda been that fuse. andf thats what it was... soo much work for a stupid thing i shoulda checked before everything else

1 - 9 of 9 Posts