The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my system and I am trying to hook up the Kenwood 600 watt amp and i am trying to hook up the power and everything to get it to work and the light on the amp is not turning on and there is no power going to the subs and I have no idea what is wrong. We checked the power wires and there are no problems. The only problem that we can think of is that we are not grounding it the right way or something. Behind the head unit. On a first gen alty what is the best place to ground our wires in the trunk and what wires are the remote/RCA wires supposed to go to behind the head unit. We originally had it attached to the light blue wire coming out of the back of the head unit but then my friend said that it was the orange/black wire that was the actual ground. The head unit and all my speakers work but the amp isn't getting any power and no power is going to my subs. Thanks for reading this long message and any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Got Salt?
194 Posts
If you have an aftermarket radio there should be RCA outputs most likely 2 sets, front and back. the RCA go all the way to the amp. The remote wire turns the amp on and off with the radio, otherwise the amp would always be on and you battery would die. the blue wire off the back of the radio goes all the way to the amp as well. As far as the amp ground, grind the paint off the metal so you have a good ground. If you don't some amps will not turn on unless it has a good ground

·
Illest in Nebraska
3,097 Posts
i got from your question the you are trying to ground the amp from the head unit? if so just ground it to any metal in the trunk as close as possible to the amp hope this helps

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres and update sorta. We figured that it was an amp problem so I took it back and got a new one. Right now we wired the on/off wire going to the amp to the light blue wire coming out of the back of the head unit and we are getting a red light on the amp instead of no light at all which i guess i a good thing considering. But now I can't figure out how to fix the red light problem. Its getting power but theres a problem. I think that it might be the grounds because thats what it said in the instruction manual. The RCA cables are grounded to the amp and also grounded where the head unit is grounded (the screw that you screw the head unit on with). I also grounded the grey ground wire to the metal thing that goes underneath the spare tire. That seemed to be the cleanest place to ground it to so I scratched off the paint and tried to screw it there but all I got was a red light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts