The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does not carry Adire products anymore. so which other sub compares to the Shiva in price and quality? the one i have now wire which connects to the coils are now burned off. i literally ataached the speaker wire to the wire which connects the coils. its just a matter of time before i have to throw the sub out.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
just a couple

rockford he or he2
alpine type s
mtx 6000
polk db
jl w3 series

they should be in the price range. Personally I have heard the alpine's and the rockford and they sound fine. There are probably plenty out there I have not listed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The w3 is about the only thing on that list that I would recommend. It's the only one on the list with sq on par with the shiva, but I don't think it has nearly the output.

It sounds like you have been happy with the shiva...why not buy another one? I'm pretty sure you can buy them direct from adire audio off their website. If you want to get away from adire, I think an Elemental Designs K series sub would probably fit your bill nicely.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The elemental Designs K series is pretty well on par with the shiva.

That just blows my mind that Kirk would drop Adire audio from their lines, it looks like Onyx is just about the only thing you can get now.... I would call Dan Wiggins directly at Adire Audio and see if your problem is a warranty issue.

·
Banned
384 Posts
You got to be kidding me?:confused: I saw that teamamp.com was not adire's official site anymore and that teamamp.com was affiliated with ampman audio. I wonder if that created bad blood or if it was something else. Crazy!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the element desing K, what kind of sub is that? Ive never heard of it. where can i view one of them. i was lookin at the onyx..but no one really recommend them so i dont pay much attn...though they look darn good and durable.

no one recommends any JBL? BTW, i have a JBL 6001 amp so id love something that is compatible with it. thanks yall.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man. those things looks darn good and at 400w RMS... thats great.

however, i notice they have the dual 2 OHM and dual 4 OHM...which is best match to the JBL 600.1 amp?

if connect it in parallel, will the 2 ohm becomes 1? if u do the same with the 4 ohm, will it becomes 2? how does it work.

i think the amp puches 600W at 2 OHM and 300w at 4ohm.

lol im asking these questions because i wanna make sure when i spend money this time, i am getting the BEST.

thanks yall

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if you are getting just a single sub get the dual 4 ohm so when wired in parallel you get a 2 ohm load, if oyu are looking to get a pair then go with the dual 2 ohm for a series/parallel wiring setup to achieve a 2 ohm load.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would suggest the 2 ohm model unless you're certain you'll only want 1. If you think you might ever add a second one, even if you don't buy 2 right now, the 2 ohm model would be the best choice. You can wire it to 1 ohm and the JBL can handle that all day, then like rthompson said if you got 2 you could wire them for 2 ohms total and the JBL would run a little cooler.

But if you're definitely sure you'll only want 1 of them, go the 4 ohm because it will put less of the strain on your amp/electrical system.

But yeah, that is pretty strange about ampman dropping adire. And so quickly too! It seems like it happened overnight, I wonder what happened.:confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, she Shiva had enough power for me. it drouned out the tweeters so thats good for me. it the K series is or is more powerful than the shiva, im good. ill definitely get one. right now the shiva i have plays but i had to connect it DIRECTLY to the wire which connects the coils. sometimes when i turn the bass up, it goes out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The K may not have quite the low end or be quite as efficient, but it is optimized for a bit smaller enclosure and i t can handle a good bit more power than the Shiva. It should get louder than the shiva if you send it 600 watts instead of the 300 that you sent to the Shiva.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
are you saying you ripped the tinsel leads? you can have those replaced for pretty cheap, and it might even be covered under the warrenty. i dont see how you could rip those, they are very long compared to other speakers iv seen and torn apart.

the shiva i believe is 600 peak, dont quote me on that, the shiva really depends on what box it is in.

the k handles 400 rms, and sounds very good too...

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
Well I just spoke to a lady at www.ampman.com, because my girl bought me the shiva for valentines day, and she never mentioned anything about not selling them anymore.....
Maybe I was their last customer, hehehehehe.
or maybe there gonna scam me! nah...I'll drive up to jersey and hunt them down....Anyway, Im just talking sh!t they sound like good people... I should be getting my shiva by friday....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
go to the site and click on ADIRE....and see what it says. before when i click on 12" subs, it would list the shiva, not anymore.

i have tried SO many ways trying to find out why it was not playing...at this point, i doubt the warranty will do any good.

it STILL plays because i hooked up the wire to the wire which connects the coils, but i dont feel happy about having something crappy in my car. i will get the K-series and be satisfied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts