The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
destroyer of words
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically all areas of california are put into 1 of 4 categories: enhanced, partially enhanced, basic, and change of ownership. unlike the first three which require testing every 2 years, change of ownership areas only require testing when a vehicle changes ownership or if it is being registered in california for the first time. if you could get yourself an "address" in one of those areas, all you would have to do is file a change of address at the dmv and you wouldn't have to do emissions testing for as long as you own the car.

not sure if it'll work. but if it does, don't abuse please.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Which areas of California are listed as change of ownership?

And I thought the frequency of emissions testing was based on the model year of the car? I've had my car for 2 years and 8 months now and I haven't had to have an emissions test done.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
harry said:
list is on one of the ca websites. there are 18 counties that are fully change of ownership and 6 counties that are partially change of ownership. san diego is one of those
What is partial change of ownership? Does that mean only some areas of the county do emissions testing based on change of ownership?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
dude..all you gotta do is go to a korean smog check place..give him some extra cash and they pass you..thats what i do.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
hehe...shady korean places eh? my guy's chinese and I've never had to slip him anything.
Jae

·
jdm b16a eg6/MeCCaRyDeR
5,827 Posts
wtf do you guys with altimas worry bout smog...i have to worry not u....i had a friend with a gsr with over 100k miles on it...had intake header exhuast ecu fuel regulator type r injectors adn still passed....so how can u guys not?..well i know your aftermarket header takes out your cat...so that does suck bad for you guys

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
JDM b16a EG6 said:
wtf do you guys with altimas worry bout smog...i have to worry not u....i had a friend with a gsr with over 100k miles on it...had intake header exhuast ecu fuel regulator type r injectors adn still passed....so how can u guys not?..well i know your aftermarket header takes out your cat...so that does suck bad for you guys

Visual?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts