The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
super primer mobile
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some odd reason my car has been getting really hot by my feet when I drive. What could cause that. I could be driving down the expressway with the a/c on vent and my feet would burn up. Is my tranny getting too hot or what? Let me know before I trade this bitch in.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Set it on heater, with the temp all the way to cold. If you climb down by the pedals, do you feel hot air coming in the duct? Maybe the control valve for the heater core isn't closing. It could bet getting hot coolant pumped thru it all the time.

·
super primer mobile
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the heater thing isn't bad, it's just heat coming from my feet. cold air comes out of the ducts. What do you guys suggest I do, just run with the a/c at my feet?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If you're saying that the floor under your feet is hot, get under the car and check the exhaust heat shields in that area. Did you have any exhaust work done recently?

·
super primer mobile
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't have any exhaust work done recently, but a while back I had my cat back and exhaust put on. So I'll just get under and check for my heat shields. I think I heard one rattling at one point. Thanks anyway

I doubt that my cat is glowing red. lol, but it may be

·
projected member
919 Posts
if they used aftermarket gaskets they prolly burned out and the exhaust is leaking causing the floor to get hot. check for exhaust leaks and replace the gasket with metal ones from nissan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts