The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's back....

Going to the dyno tomorrow....we've still got some detonation at high boost(20-25 psi), probably from lean fuel condition...

Results tomorrow night :cool:

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news/bad news...

Good news first: The car runs fine, even up to 10-15 psi

Bad news: Anything over 14 psi, and the car runs dead lean. Even with the new AFPR, the car runs fine driving around and around 10psi.

We didnt push it on the dyno because we want to work out all of the issues first.

Solution: AEM EMS - coming soon.

We're also having a problem with the Profec B and the wastegate. The WG is supposed to be springed for 5.6 psi, but it will hold as much boost as we throw at it. It's almost like the WG is stuck closed, and does this even when the BC is turned off.

I dont know...he's gettin the new one soon and we'll have it torn down completely and put everything back together the right way. I feel kinda bad for anyone that has done business with the shop that put his motor together, because they seriously dont know wtf they're doing.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
AEM seems to be the better solution above any other EMS, had a talk to a dealer of both TecII's and AEM and he sided with the infinite tuability of the AEM... so on it goes!

I was sooo happy that it ran, I couldnt be more thankful from the help I recieved from Greg and Nick! This community rocks when you need to get shit done.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
cthunder said:
AEM seems to be the better solution above any other EMS, had a talk to a dealer of both TecII's and AEM and he sided with the infinite tuability of the AEM... so on it goes!

I was sooo happy that it ran, I couldnt be more thankful from the help I recieved from Greg and Nick! This community rocks when you need to get shit done.

No prob man, anytime you need help, im here and so is nick. Glad to see the beast is alive again.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
nicenicenice!!! big congrats!!!1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts