The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has their music cut out while using Spotify through Android Auto? I have updated the app and it still cuts out. Don't know if it's the app, or just something that happens with the integration with the Altima?

When I'm not using Android Auto and just streaming through Bluetooth, I do not have any issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same with a 2019 S and the latest Android Auto on a Note10+. I'm going to try different cables and ports but expect little to no change. This is documented well in multiple AA vehicle setups.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't use Spotify but it happens to me in Google Play Music, Youtube Music and MediaMonkey in my 2019 Altima regardless of cable, USB port or background/not background app settings in my phone. Bluetooth connections work fine. It happens with both a Samsung Galaxy S10 as well as an old LG G2 I have laying around. When I called Nissan they told me to take it to my dealer. That was yesterday so I'll end up doing that after Thanksgiving to see what they say. I've used my Galaxy S10 in several cars from other manufacturers and this is the only one with this problem. Having said that, Google has received reports from people who have cars from other makes so who knows what the real problem is. Here's the thread in the Android Auto forum pertaining to Nissans. They took bug reports back in August. They'd probably be willing to take more from people willing to put their phones and Android Auto in developer mode.

support.google.com/androidauto/thread/3280169?msgid=3280169

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't use Spotify but it happens to me in Google Play Music, Youtube Music and MediaMonkey in my 2019 Altima regardless of cable, USB port or background/not background app settings in my phone. Bluetooth connections work fine. It happens with both a Samsung Galaxy S10 as well as an old LG G2 I have laying around. When I called Nissan they told me to take it to my dealer. That was yesterday so I'll end up doing that after Thanksgiving to see what they say. I've used my Galaxy S10 in several cars from other manufacturers and this is the only one with this problem. Having said that, Google has received reports from people who have cars from other makes so who knows what the real problem is. Here's the thread in the Android Auto forum pertaining to Nissans. They took bug reports back in August. They'd probably be willing to take more from people willing to put their phones and Android Auto in developer mode.

support.google.com/androidauto/thread/3280169?msgid=3280169
Joined the forum just to post that I've been having the same issue. It is driving my absolutely crazy. I've tried all the random suggested "fixes" I could find on the internet. Let us know what the dealer tells you! Other people that I've seen post about it have said that the dealer changed the USB port or replaced the infotainment system but the problem still persisted. Another guy said that the Nissan dealer told him to email the corporate headquarters. A third party company manufactures the infotainment computer and develops the software for it, hopefully this is something that gets fixed by an update soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same exact thing happening in my wife's 2019 Altima SR. dealer directed us to Nissan connect. No resolutions through the dealer. we're staying ti get really irritated. Love the car, but not happy with the service after sale and the lack of Nissan dealing with an obvious issue!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same exact thing happening in my wife's 2019 Altima SR. dealer directed us to Nissan connect. No resolutions through the dealer. we're starting to get really irritated. Love the car, but not happy with the service after sale and the lack of Nissan dealing with an obvious issue!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same exact thing happening in my wife's 2019 Altima SR. dealer directed us to Nissan connect. No resolutions through the dealer. we're staying ti get really irritated. Love the car, but not happy with the service after sale and the lack of Nissan dealing with an obvious issue!!
It's very aggravating. My wife and I drove a rented a new base model Elantra that was equipped with Android Auto and found it to be without any issues. The unit had a smaller, cheaper screen and lagged more, but it never cut out for a second. I did get a recall notice about Nissan Connect and a free upgrade a dealership would provide, but I doubt this would fix the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took it in today and they're going to replace the radio assembly. The radio is currently on backorder. The report had this in it:

Check and found DTC B1328-13 External Microphone, inspect radio connectors and all check good, harness check good, rec\replace the radio assy\\ (Check and found DTC B1328-13 External Microphone, Inspect Radio Connectors and all check good, harness check good, REC\Replace the radio assy
I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of curiousity I bought an iPhone 5c on eBay for $40 since it's the lowest model that supports CarPlay. It hasn't dropped audio a single time, even when I put the car in reverse and it switches to the backup camera. The audio from Android Auto ALWAYS briefly cuts out when I put the car in reverse along with all the other random drop outs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made an account on this forum just to say that the same has been happening to me since I switched to my new Pixel 4. I was on an iPhone X beforehand and never once had any audio issues with CarPlay, but Android Auto on my Nissan Altima S 2019 has been a nightmare. The audio not only will cut out from time to time, but sometimes when I bring up Google Assistant for a moment or take a call, YouTube Music will pause and not unpause after I'm done with said interaction. I am loving my pixel and my Altima, but they aren't playing nice with each other and I'm about over it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. Dealerships can't seem to do anything about it.

Girlfriend's iPhone is flawless with CarPlay. Android phone works with an Audi head unit so it would be nice if Nissan could get their act together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also having the same issue with my new 2020 SR. Is anyone using the usb-c port on the vehicle to use Android auto?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also having the same issue with my new 2020 SR. Is anyone using the usb-c port on the vehicle to use Android auto?
I use Android Auto everyday and the only cutting out I experience is via Sirius/XM Radio other than that it performs flawlessly for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with a 2019 Rogue. It's currently in the shop. It worked for 8 months and then suddenly the music starts skipping in Pandora. Only happens while using USB. There is a long thread in the Android Auto community on this and suggestions to call Nissan Consumer Affairs. I did that just to raise awareness. All I know is Nissan advertises that it works with Android Auto, but it doesn't. Not sure where the problem lies, but Nissan is part of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue, 2019 SR and 2019 Kicks SV. Doesn't happen with Apple CarPlay. AFAIK the issue is that Android Auto uses a separate phone app to send to the car, and it depends heavily on the strength of the mobile LTE/5G signal. I've made my research and it's an issue with other manufacturers as well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts