The Nissan Club banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried disabling media audio in the Bluetooth settings but it didn't work. I chatted with Nissan connect and they say it's a known issue and are working on a fix...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received my first Nissan on Friday and I use Android Auto to listen to podcasts, Audible books, Spotify, etc. I experienced this problem a lot over the weekend - very annoying and really could not continue listening. I tried another Android phone - same problem. So, I went online and did searches and found this site/thread. Good news - it's not just something with my car or phone - it's a common problem.Bad news - seems like this has been a known problem for months and is still not fixed.

Skeptic25 - will Nissan Connect give you updates on this? Will they let you know when it is fixed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just received my first Nissan on Friday and I use Android Auto to listen to podcasts, Audible books, Spotify, etc. I experienced this problem a lot over the weekend - very annoying and really could not continue listening. I tried another Android phone - same problem. So, I went online and did searches and found this site/thread. Good news - it's not just something with my car or phone - it's a common problem.Bad news - seems like this has been a known problem for months and is still not fixed.

Skeptic25 - will Nissan Connect give you updates on this? Will they let you know when it is fixed?
Based on the chat conversation, no. She couldn't give an ETA or any other helpful info. Only the fact that it's a known issue and they're working on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I leased my 2019 Rogue last February. Had NO issues whatsoever with any of the apps running through Android Auto. Last week I went in to do the recall update for the backup camera. Now the Google Podcast app and the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S9 have started randomly skipping. Phone is connected through the USB port in the front of the car. Sometimes it will cut out for almost ten seconds. It's become very irritating. Again, never had an issue until after I did the recall update. Brought it to the dealer, sat with a mechanic for almost ten minutes listening, no skip. They did the recall update again. When I drove off the lot, skipping resumed. Very frustrated. Any potential fixes? Tried reinstalling Google Podcast app to no avail

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 Rogue Sport and OnePlus 7T Pro 5G has this exact same issue. What's so irritating is that my wife, who has an iPhone, has no problem at all and constantly points this out to me. LOL I'll watch this thread with my fingers crossed because, other than this, the car and phone are perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same problem with my 2019 SR as well. Bluetooth works fine but when you plug it in and it connects to AA, the music will cut out. Brought it to the dealership and they replaced the USB unit. No change. Also found this call back as I was researching the issue. Watching close until they fix it (if they ever do).

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue, 2019 SR and 2019 Kicks SV. Doesn't happen with Apple CarPlay. AFAIK the issue is that Android Auto uses a separate phone app to send to the car, and it depends heavily on the strength of the mobile LTE/5G signal. I've made my research and it's an issue with other manufacturers as well.
I'm not looking to negate your opinion, but my phone which skips like crazy in my 2019 Altima under Android Auto, works perfectly in my wife's 2018 Rogue. Same phone, same conditions.

With all due respect, and three 2019 Altima's of people that I personally know, this is an issue with their Head Unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has their music cut out while using Spotify through Android Auto? I have updated the app and it still cuts out. Don't know if it's the app, or just something that happens with the integration with the Altima?

When I'm not using Android Auto and just streaming through Bluetooth, I do not have any issues.
I fixed mine. I have a 2019 Nissan Rogue. AA was competing with Bluetooth. I removed the Rogue Bluetooth profile on my phone and Samsung phone profile from my Rogue. No more skipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Android Auto music skipping fix:

I fixed mine. I have a 2019 Nissan Rogue. AA was competing with Bluetooth. I removed the Rogue Bluetooth profile on my phone and Samsung phone profile from my Rogue. No more skipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also having the same issue with my new 2020 SR. Is anyone using the usb-c port on the vehicle to use Android auto?
Same issue here on my brand new 2020 SR w/Android Auto. I've tried 10 different cables. Please let me know that someone is working on this! I have all of my music on Google Play & don't have this issue on my wife's 2019 Hyundai Sonata! This is ridiculous!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This method did not work. On pluging in usb AA vonnected and paired with bluetooth automatically and skip continues

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has their music cut out while using Spotify through Android Auto? I have updated the app and it still cuts out. Don't know if it's the app, or just something that happens with the integration with the Altima?

When I'm not using Android Auto and just streaming through Bluetooth, I do not have any issues.
Hey dude. Yes, I had the same issues, but figured it out....use these cables (link below). Issues go away. No issues with my Pixel 4 or my wife's LG. I own an Note 10+, Pixel 4XL, 3 XL, 2 XL, LG G7. All had issues w/o the right cable. When I bought the cable below. Issues went away w/ all phones except the Note 10+ for some reason.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same exact thing happening in my wife's 2019 Altima SR. dealer directed us to Nissan connect. No resolutions through the dealer. we're staying ti get really irritated. Love the car, but not happy with the service after sale and the lack of Nissan dealing with an obvious issue!!
Use this cable. My problems went away..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Made an account on this forum just to say that the same has been happening to me since I switched to my new Pixel 4. I was on an iPhone X beforehand and never once had any audio issues with CarPlay, but Android Auto on my Nissan Altima S 2019 has been a nightmare. The audio not only will cut out from time to time, but sometimes when I bring up Google Assistant for a moment or take a call, YouTube Music will pause and not unpause after I'm done with said interaction. I am loving my pixel and my Altima, but they aren't playing nice with each other and I'm about over it.
Try using the cable that came with ur pixel and plug it into the type c hole, I found out it cut out less than using the type a to phone.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts