The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 Altima 2.5SL Mystic Emerald. I just got it 2 days ago. Well, im a little bit annoyed with the WIND NOISE FROM THE SUNROOF!!!! OK im alot-a-bit annoyed...

Anyone else having this same issue?????

Im taking it in to have the armrest fixed in a couple of days. (a little broken plastic peice is making it wiggle way too much)
I think I have them look at the sunroof as well.

What can I say... I'm a perfectionist. Let me know what you guys have come up with.

·
Worship Me !!!
82 Posts
This being your first post, I will be the one that breaks the news to you....use the search button...this has been talked about at least 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Now its 1,000,000,000,000,000,001.

Congrats on your Alty and Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ditto, on mine. The dealer fixed it in only a few minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I do hear wind noise coming from the roof area, but I can't really say if it is excessive or normal. I only hear it at highway speeds. I've looked at the wind shield at it appears to be solidly affixed to the roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had mine in at the dealer last Friday for the Air Bag sensor and complained about the wind noise again - this time they were able to fix it. Here is what the ticket says:
" Repair per bulletin Remove sun roof and seal up sun roof per Bulletin BT01-045".
Don't know what the procedure is but it worked! This was my only real quibble with the car - much happier now!

·
Mature Member
794 Posts
KrEe8TiV1 said:
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 Altima 2.5SL Mystic Emerald. I just got it 2 days ago. Well, im a little bit annoyed with the WIND NOISE FROM THE SUNROOF!!!! OK im alot-a-bit annoyed...

Anyone else having this same issue?????

Im taking it in to have the armrest fixed in a couple of days. (a little broken plastic peice is making it wiggle way too much)
I think I have them look at the sunroof as well.

What can I say... I'm a perfectionist. Let me know what you guys have come up with.
Congrats and Welcome!

·
Big Yellow Mutt
111 Posts
I don't have any wind noise, but mine squeaks like hell when it's closed.

I'm taking it for an oil change tomorrow, I'll complain about it and see what they say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a sunroof wind deflector on my '01 Maxima and when my roof was opened or tilted, it made way too much wind noise (could barely hear the stereo). I just got an '03 Altima without the sunroof wind deflector and it is incredibly quiet with my roof open or tilted. A huge difference. What is the use of the wind deflector anyway??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.