The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i spent 2 hours driving around town to find a place that would do an alignment on my car. the first place i went to wanted to charge me $120 and i walked away. 4 other places told me they couldnt align my car cuz i had 17s. 1 guy even told me i needed to get a camber kit on my FRONT tires or else i couldnt get it aligned. wtf is up with that? when i let go of the steering wheel while i'm cruising, my car doesnt swerve left or right so does that mean i dont need an align? i've heard so many different stories about that and now i'm lost. the front of my car does shake a little every now and then when i hit the brakes.

·
See ya on the flipside...
2,076 Posts
You're alignment sounds fine to me. As for the shaking, I've had 17's and that same thing happened to me, so I tried not hitting the brakes as hard and the shaking subsided. I think it's b/c of the size of the rims, momentum and the small rotors/brake pads causes it to shake. Hope that helps. Laterz.

·
13,020 Posts
IgNiTe said:
well i spent 2 hours driving around town to find a place that would do an alignment on my car. the first place i went to wanted to charge me $120 and i walked away. 4 other places told me they couldnt align my car cuz i had 17s. 1 guy even told me i needed to get a camber kit on my FRONT tires or else i couldnt get it aligned. wtf is up with that? when i let go of the steering wheel while i'm cruising, my car doesnt swerve left or right so does that mean i dont need an align? i've heard so many different stories about that and now i'm lost. the front of my car does shake a little every now and then when i hit the brakes.
Victor would reccommend going to the dealer for an alignment,

As for needing to get a camber kit to align the car. That is entirely possible if your camber is off enough.

When your car it out of alignment it doesn't necessarily swerve to one side it just kinda veers, unless it is really out of alignment.

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to 2 nissan dealerships and they couldnt align my car cuz i have 17s. the camber in the front of my car is fine

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Mine only shake at high speed stops...form about 65 mph and up.I have not got an alignment because my car does not steer left or right by itself.I WILL get an alignment on WEDS after I get my drop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts