The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am searching for ways to make an Alty compete with the big-boys besides nitrous or massive turbocharging. This mission has prompted my mind to wander into V-6 territory, like say a newer model Max powerplant 3.0 w/ 222 hp and boundless aftermarket support. I have this swap in my mind as somewhat feasible considering that the Maxima is a front-wheeler like the Alty. But I'm relatively sure this type of swap has never even been attempted, and there has to be a reason why. But I still ask, why not?:confused:

Oh yeah I have a 98' model Alty if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Poop-Colored Alty said:
I am searching for ways to make an Alty compete with the big-boys besides nitrous or massive turbocharging. This mission has prompted my mind to wander into V-6 territory, like say a newer model Max powerplant 3.0 w/ 222 hp and boundless aftermarket support. I have this swap in my mind as somewhat feasible considering that the Maxima is a front-wheeler like the Alty. But I'm relatively sure this type of swap has never even been attempted, and there has to be a reason why. But I still ask, why not?:confused:

Oh yeah I have a 98' model Alty if that makes any difference.
anything is possible with the right amount of cash.... but it may be a little tight in there..

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Ry is right... if you decide to drop in a 3.0L VQ30DE, you're going need massive amounts of money because you'll have to:

• Move the wheel-wells (I don't think there's enough distance between the Altima's Wheel-Wells for the VQ30DE + Lateral Front-Drive Transmission)
  • Move the steering equipment (Custom Work)
  • Maybe move the firewall back a few inches (Custom Work)
  • Taller hood because the VQ is taller than the KA (Custom Work)
  • VQ30DE ECU (Factory)
  • VQ30DE Exhaust piping (Custom Work)
  • VQ30DE to Altima Engine Cradle (Custom Work)
  • VQ30DE Wiring Harness (Factory)
  • VQ30DE Radiator (KA24DE Radiator will not cut it)
  • Larger Fuel Cell, unless you want to be buying gas every other day.
  • Custom Drive-Shafts

And these are just the things that I've come up with, sitting here on my ass. You'll probably run into many more problems once you start putting it together. Suffice it to say that you'll be really lucky if you don't need to get a new radiator fan.

If you DO have the funding to do this, I would suggest getting yourself a Maxima. :D Engine Swap already done. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What price ballpark do you think I would be finding myself in if I took the initiative to drop it in. Another thing, has anyone used Venom's computer - controlled n2o kit? I would think comp-controlled would be the way to go w/nitrous. I ask b/c I have a fear of nitrous. Im not to familiar on the subject of nitrous-injected KA24DE engines. Thanks for any help.

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
Poop-Colored Alty said:
I am searching for ways to make an Alty compete with the big-boys besides nitrous or massive turbocharging.
Aren't we all....................

The funny thing is that although this may look like a legimate post, it's not. Becuase this shit will never happen. This person will never buy a Maxima engine, nor does he have the knowledge to install one.

Oh well, just a few KB of wasted hard drive space.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fu-Q

How the fuck are you going to say that I will never do something like this if you have no clue to who I am, or what I am capable of doing to my own car. For all you know I could have the engine ready to go as we speak. I just don't get how you try to dis-credit my post as not legitimate when I was just asking a question. How the hell can you judge me without even knowing a damn thing about me in the first place. Eat shit.

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
Man, this isn't a court of law, you're not smart until you prove otherwise. You don't deserve my respect. And you'll have to understand that there are 3000 people on this board who, like you did, ask these questions over and over. Do a search on the SR20DET and you'll find over a 100 posts of people saying that they're going to do the swap. No one has (to my knowledge), AND I'll say it again, "neither will you". And I say this as a credit to you, cocksucker. Because there is no way that anyone would be stupid enough to attempt this given the amount of money it would cost. You would be better off buying another car, becuase it would be thousands cheaper. The 2002 Altima is your best bet if you want an Altima with balls.

Bo

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
If you've been around as long as I have you see a lot of people come and go with dreams of DET and 3.0 (even 3.5) Altimas. I'v given up hope for those. I actually think there is a small chance that a 3.0 Altima will be around but not from you. If I did expect anyone to go through with an engine swap it'd be one of the big boys like donnie or Silkk The Shocker.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
i agree with maporsche..
i think it would cost way too much money to swap a maxima motor.
poop colored alty..if you have that mechanic guru's knowledge that you seem to act like you have, you would know that the maxima motor would not be efficient due to the price you'll have to pay.
the only option available to 2nd gen owners (that has been done) is the racestep na/street setup. on top of that, get a 100 shot nos kit, all the bolt ons, and then you'll be able to beat the v6's. the sr20de(t) has been discussed but i haven't seen a 2nd gen do it.
remember, there are people on this site who have been trying to squeeze all the HP they can from their altimas. don't come onto this site acting like you're mr. bigshot.

·
Dad
628 Posts
It would be far easier to build a ka up to 200 hp than to swap the vg engine into an alty. I've been on this board for a while now and I have never heard of a successful vg swap.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Yeah - last I heard someone on here from Canada was supposedly 95% done with a VG swap and was asking for donations to finish it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts