The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
A+, MCP
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DAMN! Another dent!

Some freaking morons dented my beloved Altima again! Damn, this is the 2nd dent on it. One on the passanger door a while ago, and discovered this one today on my passanger side rear wheel fender. This is just pissing me off. Can't people open their freaking door with care of other people's car? DAMN! :angry2:

I'm going to try the "dry ice" method on Summer. I hope that'll work or if someone know how to take the whole piece metal off, please tell me. I'm sure it's not hard to knock the freaking dents out.
 

·
Long Time Caller
Joined
·
1,951 Posts
that sucks. i dont know how to take the dent out. Is there a manual on our altimas? like a hanes(?) manual or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I know what you mean.....something like that really pisses me off!! People dont seem to have any respect for other people's stuff at all. The person that opened their door on your car was probably drving some piece of shit too!
 

·
A+, MCP
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nissan2k2, I've read something here regarding using dry ice in a very hot day to make the dent pops out. I don't know how good that'll work but worth a try when summer comes.

Canuck, I KNOW. I've been trying to park very carefully since I park in a community parking every night. Try to keep distance from other people's DOORs. But you never know who will then park next to you and freaking dent your car later. I think people need to be educated on how to respect other's properities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
im paranoid as hell about where i park. i dont have my own driveway so im constantly looking out the window to see if people are parked too close to it. i know its only a matter of time before someone flings a ****ing door into it. people just dont give a ****. my last car had a good handful of door dings, and bumper scratches from people parking. it sucks, and people have no ****ing respect for other peoples property. i never wack anyones car with mine. i dont know how other people can do it.:angry4:
 

·
A+, MCP
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Voyagerone said:
Small dent or big dents, if you acturally see this person doing it, it's called peroperty damage. Make this person pay for it!!:mad:
I would have if I saw the freaking moron did it! Just like bmfgsxr, I always look out the windows to make sure my car is safe from any harm. But it's just not possible for every moment.
 

·
SHIFT_performance
Joined
·
779 Posts
As I was putting groceries in the trunk of my car, some old broad pulled up in her bright red Impala, I knew she parked too close and was going to bang her door into the side of my car. Sure enough, she hit it pretty hard. I made her stand there while I inspected my car for damage, there was none. But, I still told her off for parking too close and hitting the side of my car with her door.

I guess she thought I'd let it fly because she was old..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
When I pull into a parking lot, I go as far away from the store as possible. I'll walk a half a mile before I park my car close to the store where its more conjested. I didnt pay all that money for a new car to have some dipshit put a dent into it. I dont have any dents yet, but I am sure its just a matter of time! :(
 

·
Altima Crazy!!!
Joined
·
417 Posts
same with me... ill leave my car all the way at the end of the lot just to make sure.... sometimes its funny cuz all the luxury car owners that actually care about their cars park their too... so im parked with all these audi's, bmw's, acuras, etc.... or if im in a parking lot ill just kinda double park, not too big of double park but ill be sure to park in both stalls so that no one can park beside... i already have a swirl mark on my drivers door thanks to someone....
i think you could get it out no prob, iv seen this thing that you can buy, its got 3 suction cups, 2 that hold onto the car and the 3rd that sucks onto where the dent is, then you just turn the nob (like a wine bottle opener) and the middle suction cup starts to come out, popping the dent back into its original place, and its all done, not too sure how effective it is, but it seems like a good try....
 

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
Joined
·
791 Posts
When I pull into a parking lot, I go as far away from the store as possible. I'll walk a half a mile before I park my car close to the store where its more conjested

Exactly, by the time anybody finds a parking spot close to the store you have already been in and out. No to metion all of the walking and the reduced stress from not having to deal with fools parking close to the store it is actually a healthy thing to do.
 

·
Ar Dont Do That
Joined
·
297 Posts
i love parking in conjested parking lots like Cosco or BJ's (If anyone lives in FL they will know these stores) and park in the front row so some mother fudger can ram there 1987 tercel into my new alty.

im jk if anyone doesnt have a sese of humor. I park my car in the place i feel the safest, if its not safe ill park even further.

My dad warned me..the first dent or scratch i get, im gonna cry for a day or two..

knock on wood it doesnt happen soon.

Oh another thing, when you all got your first car, the first thing that comes out of your friends mouth is "Woah thats nice..wait..wait a second...is that a scratch/dent?" i swear 5 of my friends the first time they saw my car did that..i was so pissed..i kinda knew they were joking around..but then it bugs me then i HAVETA look..

n e way...i say the dry ice thing doesnt work, i live in South Florida where its 91 degrees today, and 84 at night and my brother tried doin that shit on a small dent and it didnt work, only for farely large dents itll kinda work, but it wont get it all out
 

·
A+, MCP
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pimpin'alty said:
same with me... ill leave my car all the way at the end of the lot just to make sure.... sometimes its funny cuz all the luxury car owners that actually care about their cars park their too... so im parked with all these audi's, bmw's, acuras, etc.... or if im in a parking lot ill just kinda double park, not too big of double park but ill be sure to park in both stalls so that no one can park beside... i already have a swirl mark on my drivers door thanks to someone....
i think you could get it out no prob, iv seen this thing that you can buy, its got 3 suction cups, 2 that hold onto the car and the 3rd that sucks onto where the dent is, then you just turn the nob (like a wine bottle opener) and the middle suction cup starts to come out, popping the dent back into its original place, and its all done, not too sure how effective it is, but it seems like a good try....
Yeah, I know which "toy" you're talking about, but have anyone ever use it? And how does it work on small dents? The suction might be too but for some tiny but deep dents.
 

·
A+, MCP
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just found some info on dent removal. Believe it or not, someone say the Ding King works good on his car and provided before & after pics. If you have a dent on your car too, you might want to give it a try. I will go see if it's sold on local store so I can get one and try it and then returns it if it doesn't work.

http://www.tvgadgetjudge.com/Ding King.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
HKNinja said:
Just found some info on dent removal. Believe it or not, someone say the Ding King works good on his car and provided before & after pics. If you have a dent on your car too, you might want to give it a try. I will go see if it's sold on local store so I can get one and try it and then returns it if it doesn't work.

http://www.tvgadgetjudge.com/Ding King.htm
Bah! Hire a professional paintless dent removal service. Here in cal, I used an outfit called "dentmasters", they service all the new car dealers in my area, and removed a quarter sized dent on my driver side pass. door. You can't tell it was ever there. Pretty f-ing amazing:D Cost me $80 and it was worth every penny. Go to your local dealer on a day that the paintless service tech is scheduled, and he'll fix ya right up.
 

·
A+, MCP
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
busheiter said:
Bah! Hire a professional paintless dent removal service. Here in cal, I used an outfit called "dentmasters", they service all the new car dealers in my area, and removed a quarter sized dent on my driver side pass. door. You can't tell it was ever there. Pretty f-ing amazing:D Cost me $80 and it was worth every penny. Go to your local dealer on a day that the paintless service tech is scheduled, and he'll fix ya right up.
$80 for A dent? That's pretty expensive. I rather give the Ding King a try first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
HKNinja said:
$80 for A dent? That's pretty expensive. I rather give the Ding King a try first.
Your paying $80 to have the car restored to original condition. The ding king won't work fully, and if it does pull the dent out, it will still show on the shiny clear coat finish. Ding King doesn't work, that's why its $29, you get what you pay for.
 

·
*Really New Member*
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
busheiter said:
Your paying $80 to have the car restored to original condition. The ding king won't work fully, and if it does pull the dent out, it will still show on the shiny clear coat finish. Ding King doesn't work, that's why its $29, you get what you pay for.
yeah if u look closely on the commercial, you'll see that the part where the dent is pulled out, its still deformed...its not straight like it would be if it was done professionally....i noticed it cause i work late and seems like thas all is on when i get home from work...:D
 

·
Shift_lefty
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
It sounds like you really car about your ride, don't take the chances with ding king. Dentmasters remove the ding from the inside of the door which is the correct way to do it. It may be expensive but if it's not done right the first time, it's going to cost much more to correct it if you have to repaint the door!

I use to use the dry ice method on my old accord and it removed the dent but up close you could still see where the dent had been. That car was 10 years old and had been in the city for a good portion of it's life so it had tons of scratches on it's bumpers especially the corners so it didn't really matter. AND YES YOU WILL cry when you get your first dent or scratch. I scratched mine and was ready to trade it in I was soo pissed off. Nothing like doing it yourself too!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top