The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, another Altima owner here with a rusty trunk! Purchased a new 2015 Altima SV last October, noticed rust on the trunk by the back up camera, two spots on the chrome trim above the back up camera and on the drivers side bottom corner of the trunk lid (rounded corner!!). Also noticed when washing the car that there are two approx. 1 inch long chips of paint missing from the bottom front corner of the passenger side door. Thought it was stone chips at first, then opened and closed the door to see the area rubbing on the front fender! It is now March and the Altima is going in for it's first oil change, will of course point out rust and door panel fit/chip area. I will also have to point out the new rust spots coming from the spot welds around the trunk rain gutter area beside the trunk lid gasket!! Good grief!

I will add to the "rust on trunk lid" thread, pictures of my rusty Altima in January and new pics to show how the rust has progressed. Will also update on what Nissan does to fix the problems. Have first oil change appointment booked for tomorrow so will update in the next day or two.

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts