The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. I just changed my wife's pre-cat and O2 sensors and now the p1273 shows up. The car is driving fine. Just looking for advice as to where i should go next. I installed this pre-cat from ebay:
Fits Nissan Altima Exhaust Manifold Catalytic Converter 02 03 04 05 06 02 5L Gas | eBay

O2 sensor on the pre cat is a new: NTK 24320

the o2 sensor i put down below is this cheap one i found on amazon:
Amazon.com: APW AP4-325 Oxygen Sensor: Automotive

From what i've read this code does not usually relate to the cheap sensor I bought, but i was hoping maybe this could be the cause as obviously its one of the easier things to fix.

Does anyone think the (cheap) O2 sensor under the car could be the problem? i've also read about people using o2 spacers. Do i need that with this aftermarket pre-cat i bought? i dont know if they pass inspections here with those on your car, doesn't that just essentially block the sensor from doing it's job and not really fix a problem?

Here is a freeze frame i got from OBD Fusion:

fuel system 1 status: 2
fulet system 2 status: 0
fuel system 1 status: 2
fuelt system 2 status: 0
calculated load value 21.18%
engine coolant: 181.4F
short term fuel % trim - bank 1: 3.91%
long term fuel % trim - Bank 1: 4.69%
engine rpm: 2487.5
vehicle speed: 59.65 mph
absolute throttle position: 5.1%

2005 2.5s

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's been a couple of years, but I fixed an exhaust leak (cracked fouler extension at the o2 sensor) and had trouble clearing the p1273 code. Found something in the factory manual (when not using the Consult scan tool) where some codes can only be cleared by disconnecting the battery for 24 hours.
Don't know if this helps you, but it worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts