The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone with the UR pulley have an amp and subs w/ no noticable loss in power to the sound system or dimming lights?

·
1,894 Posts
I didn't read the other topic and replies so I don't know what was said in there, but I think the pulley limits your car to a 600watt system. That I think is plenty of power for a very good system IMO. Also, I'd think ran under 1000watts you wouldn't have problems with your lights dimming.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gavin said:
I didn't read the other topic and replies so I don't know what was said in there, but I think the pulley limits your car to a 600watt system. That I think is plenty of power for a very good system IMO. Also, I'd think ran under 1000watts you wouldn't have problems with your lights dimming.
so if (when) i get the UR pulley, it would be safe to get this sony amp (max 760w) and push 380w to one 12"?

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
dude you should be ok, just make sure to get vitec wires as to smooth out all the noise your stock wires will make with that kind of power drain. I got my pulley and I'm telling you right now that I don't notice a bit of difference in AC, lights, stereo. This might have bad affects on an old 1980-90 car, but will not on our cars.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem with the Unorthodox set up is that they don't do anything about the harmonic balancer. A harmonic balancer pretty much just stops vibration from the crank pulley to getting to your engine. I have seen people with the Unorthodox set up before and haven't had any problems yet, but this type
of problem happens in the long run. That is why AEM doesn't make any types of underdrive pulleys, they only make the power steering and the alternator pulleys.

true/not true?

·
It's Paid For.
307 Posts
You should not have to worr about a hrmonic balancer in our motor. Nissan uses a fairly lightweight crank, that is fairly balanced from the factory. The are many 300zx TT that run without balancers, and they put out way more power. So it shouldn't even be a worry, and if you fear a problem with audio system, just make sure you have a deep cycle battery. It cured my problem and i run 2 10's and 600 watts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts