The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goig to my sisters house to visit my newborn nephew, when this too guys in what looked like a 2003 mustang GT, fly by me and the passenger laughing out loud. so i wave them to run me at the next light. so, we're head to head till after 2nd then i start to pull away and i get about half a carlegnth, and by the time i hit third hes about 2 carlegnths away. then the passenger gives me props and they make a left turn on on the next light!

·
Banned
413 Posts
Thats what I dont like about Mustang drivers, they think there the shit and they think the Mustang is the fastest car in the world, good to see at least the passenger was civil when you showed him and his friend how competetive imoports can be and that not everybody with a modifed import is a ricer. Honda drivers gives all us Nissan and other import modifers such a bad name and whay most peole think were all ricer and we dont know how to drive.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
its definately a drivers race. i took a manual stang from a light up to i think 80 when he slightly started catching up and we had to kill it. if it was a good driver i think i'd prob get dusted if you say they run around 14.0

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
I dont know about 2 carlegnths..you might be exagerating a bit.

And 2003 GT's come with 265hp w/ the tq to match.

rick in 5 4 3 2...

:D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Peaks EARLIER then us to, nevermind having more power to begin with.
[email protected] / [email protected]

they weigh about 150lbs more...

RWD

I really dont know where these kills come from sometimes, but regardless

the manuals are good as 13.9-14.2 like mentioned....to 60 in 5.5secs
compared to our 14.4-14.7 manual altimas, I cant see wtf is going on here...

then there is those freak altimas running 14.1 14.2, im sure one of those freak stangs are even good for 13.65 13.7

same driver skills, they are about half a second quicker.... thats good for 4-5cars already....

one thing I detest about the VQ is, 2k 2k1 maxima have [email protected]
so you would think a 3.5VQ could easy push our 246lbs [email protected] 4000rpm

because that 3litre could say, push out [email protected] or so, just a thought

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
anthunny said:
Peaks EARLIER then us to, nevermind having more power to begin with.
[email protected] / [email protected]

they weigh about 150lbs more...

RWD

I really dont know where these kills come from sometimes, but regardless

the manuals are good as 13.9-14.2 like mentioned....to 60 in 5.5secs
compared to our 14.4-14.7 manual altimas, I cant see wtf is going on here...

then there is those freak altimas running 14.1 14.2, im sure one of those freak stangs are even good for 13.65 13.7

same driver skills, they are about half a second quicker.... thats good for 4-5cars already....

one thing I detest about the VQ is, 2k 2k1 maxima have [email protected]
so you would think a 3.5VQ could easy push our 246lbs [email protected] 4000rpm

because that 3litre could say, push out [email protected] or so, just a thought

Hey anthunny , go to Dragtimes. com they have some 03 and 04's gt's running high 14's and low 14's

yeah there trap speed was 100 plus but they were still running high 14's !!!

can u tell me why some alty's are running 14.1-14.2 with a trap speed of 98-99 mph?

it seems possible that our alty's can take some of these gt's and are doing so , the proof is in the pudding. i dont think these ford guys would lie about there times being slow seeing that some should be running 13.9 and they arent.

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
also u mught want to take into consideration that most of the drivers at motortrend are proffesional driver's. and alot of these ppl driving stangs are kids (that brings things into a whole new light). im not saying the mustang doesnt have the potential to kick some ass, but if its going to, sitting behind the wheel better be a "more than novice" driver .

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
anthunny said:
Holy crappoly <-- just noticed somthing on your profile.
birthday- december 31. 1983 ???
occupation- proffesor @ brown university

are u 21- 22...? i didnt know that was remotely possible to be a proffesor at your age . Can u say doogie howser? lol

if thats possible than i know im smoking my friend in his 2004 GT!!

oh. sorry guys didnt mean to get off topic

·
Registered
655 Posts
a have never seen a 99+ GT get anywhere close to a 14.0 stock- the best i remember is like a 14.5 i don't care what motor trend got- they skew their results SO BAD. Just to prove it, they are also the same ones that found that a 2003 EVO runs the quarter mile in 13.08 stock- bull fukin shiznit.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
the oriniginal sn95 mustangs suck they arent worth mentioning.. the 99+ gts anywhere from high 14s to high 13s stock depending on DRIVER. I taken plenty of them before and lost to a few too but normally theyre modded a little bit....cobras are different story... yea no way a evo runs 13.08 or whatever and the sti runs high 12s like I seen in some mag.... magazine times are a sorta like rough estimate in MOST cases. Sometimes they are close other times way the hell off. I think modded with headers then yes we can definately hang with stock ones but I dunno about once their modded cause they got a $hitload of mods available for them....

where is rick I figured he woulda been all over this by now??

OT
anthunny.... um yea wtf how are u younger than me and a professor that is kinda weird...

·
Registered
655 Posts
yeah- stangs have too many mods for us to keep up with- or almost any other car for that matter.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
modular 2V stangs are gay. put all the bolt-ons you want and they are still slow (slow to me at least). forced induction is the key to go fast with a 2V. I do have to say that all the stock ones I've seen run, ran quite a bit faster than the 3.5's I've seen at the track. As a matter of fact I have a video on my pc at home of a convertible stang putting the smack down on a 3.5.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts