The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 95 altima SE that has a bent antenna at the base. I've bought a new antenna mast and was trying to replace it last night. I was able to remove the chrome colored nut and the plastic holder on the outside of the car that holds the antenna in.
Should I be able to just pull the mast out when this is done? I went inside the trunk to see if I could remove the motor or if there was something else holding the antenna in, but could see much. Help please......

·
When In Doubt FSCK It !
50 Posts
Antenna Mast Removal

1.) Remove the antenna mast retaining nut.

2.) With one person controlling the ignition switch and the second person holding the antenna mast, turn the ignition key and the radio to the ON position. This will enable the antenna mast to unwind itself from the motor assembly.

3.) When installing the antenna mast insert the antenna cable with the teeth facing the rear of the vehicle. Then have the second person turn the ignition key and the radio to the OFF position. This will enable the antenna mast to wind itself back into the motor assembly.

The remainder of the installation is the reverse of removal.

btw: you have already removed the antenna mast retaining nut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.