The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that my windshield has a high degree of reflection when it comes to the dashboard showing up in the windshield. Is there something, like I had put on my glasses, that reduces or elimates these reflections on windshields?

·
Registered
121 Posts
BTW - the front windows on our Altima's are pretty inexpensive. The parts guy said it would be like $300 - $400. I can't remember exactly, but I remember it being less that my $500 deductible (after the install), and much less than the $1,200 window I had to replace in my Pontiac a few years ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K-Hill,

It's the frost. The reflection isn't that bad, just noticeable. I may go with a dashboard cover, though in searching the auto parts online stores I get the "nothing available for your make and model" message. I then found a dashmat vendor online, and they did have one for the 2002 Alti, but they require you get a spots emblem or monogramed initials put on it. Not really what I had in mind. Ah well, when your choices are limited you can't afford to be choosy I guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could spray the dash to give it a more dull surface. There are sprays that are made to reduce shine on plastics. They chemically etch the surface to give it a dull appearance. Automotive molders use these sprawy to "cheat" when the mold texture is not looking good.
The problem is where to get such a spray. When I was an engineer for Totota, I knew all about the sprays. It has been long enough that I don't remember where you can get these.

A satin clear coat might work, but it would be a real disaster if started to peel or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.