Nissan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any yall with the Sus Tech sway bar have noise probs once you put it in?

i installed mine a while ago, and ever since it has made an aweful bang or bump sound when the car bouces at awkward angles. I was just curious to see if any yall had this noise, and if so, what did ya do to prevent it? What is it?

Thanks, any info is appreciated

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrdeucie said:
Did you grease the bushings? If you didn't that could be the problem.

or it could be the exhaust piping hitting up against it.
I used all the grease supplied in the kit.

It's not the exhaust, I already looked. There's at least 3" of clearance around the whole bar. Besides, it's only a few mm larger than the original, not like it's a few inches bigger, ya know.

Anyway, I've checked those 2 already. Anything else it could be?

·
2,446 Posts
Actually, I would try and put something to pad where the exhaust and the bar would touch and see if that helps because I do remember a long long time ago a few members had the same problem. Either that or it could possibly be a blown strut(s).

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gavin said:
Either that or it could possibly be a blown strut(s).
True, it could be. But i don't think so because i've got the KYB's in there. It's only been a little over 7 months with them in too. So, it could be, but i doubt it.

Also, the sound never occured until the sway bar was put in. Hmmm...

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
i got the same noise i think

sounds like a ball rolling around in the trunk kinda

but only once in a while not all the time

right?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
erebunialtima said:
i got the same noise i think

sounds like a ball rolling around in the trunk kinda

but only once in a while not all the time

right?
exactly! So you know what it's like?

I hate it:mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine had the same problem... try tighten up all the bolts conectiong to the end-links.. specially the passager side, that's where the noise come from, at least in my case. I hope this help..

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Bejean said:
Mine had the same problem... try tighten up all the bolts conectiong to the end-links.. specially the passager side, that's where the noise come from, at least in my case. I hope this help..
thats what i was gonna say!

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
yeah, something on the passenger side. only happens when i'm going fast, brake hard, turn right while still braking, then accel out. kinda a klunk. I've tightened everything and have plenty of grease. I gave up already. only happens when i'm driving agressive.
Jay

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Its probably the connecting bolts, i never can seem to get them tight enough. Of course that has already been said...

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
I had this problem too, but I took care of it.

you know where there are two holes by the wheel to install it, I originally chose the one closest to the rear to install it....cause I was told it reduces understeer, but I had that noise then, so the next day, and went under the car again and changed it to the one facing the front of the car and the noise went away.

so change that first and see if the noise is still there

·
Kawasaki Ownz
441 Posts
ThurzNite said:
yeah, something on the passenger side. only happens when i'm going fast, brake hard, turn right while still braking, then accel out. kinda a klunk. I've tightened everything and have plenty of grease. I gave up already. only happens when i'm driving agressive.
Jay
same exact thing wiht me, ohh welll

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
PlatinumAlty
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing