The Nissan Club banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
I'm still reconfiguring my PC at home with all the necessary virus protection. i don't think I had a virus though judging from the files AVG found, but just broken extensions to the boot programs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also use different anti-spyware programs that help me feel safe while browsing the Internet. For me, the most important thing when working on the Internet is security, because I even check the sites on which I register beforehand for phishing and other unpleasant things. For example, here you can read information and reviews on various dating sites https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/megahookup-review/, which will help you first find out how secure the site is and only then go to it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's all in your heads. There is no such thing as a secure site and even the banks are realizing it now. I build my own computers and sometimes go where I shouldn't and if there is one thing I've learned it's that antivirus and malware programs rarely catch anything truly dangerous. You can do sweep after sweep and I can go into your machine and find all types of stuff the programs (ALL of them) have missed. Enough that I quit using them and now simply run a very lean machine that can be rolled back in 2-3 minutes to a prior load of windows, restore is the best thing Microsoft ever came up with.

If you value whopping databases or other glut in the computer then learn to keep it remote, backed up, and off the active machine, you can't lose it that way. I lost far more information using antivirus than I ever have dumping it to run an extremely lean machine with little to lose on it. It works 5X faster as a result too.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts