The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons of using colder spark plugs BKR6e-11 instead of the original BKR5E-11 ?

how does it affect the engine performance?

thanks

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
you won't need these unless you are running nitrous with all bolt ons, or you have a monster N/A motor, or you are running turbo like peterson. Stick with NGK coppers BKR5E-11...you can buy 2 sets of coppers for less than the price of 1 set of platinum; platinum is just a waste of money

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i run the BKR6e's, got the idea from Shawn, the car runs awesome on them, seems to idle better after running for a long time and seems to pull harder and is more responsive when warm. the 5's were good, but the car just didnt seem as "peppy" with them as with the 6's IMO. this is in Mississippi if that makes any difference...and i changed back and forth a few times and stuck with 6's, everything else the same (timing, plug wires, plug gap, cap and rotor).

although, maybe i should do the test again now that i have gone back to using a Nissan cap and rotor. i had used auto zone (crap) and NAPA (much better) but after switching to the Nissan parts, the car runs better (idles smoother) and ive almost eliminated the "torque dip" of the KA engine (well maybe not, but its not nearly that noticeable now). USE THE NISSAN PARTS! ive always heard that from people around here, and decided to give it a try and will only use the OEM stuff when it comes to tune-up now.

you can use the 5e's and 6e's, either one, or buy both and test them both to see which you like better, like i did. i was skeptical, but the 6's really do run better than the 5's, IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts