The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinkin about buyin a 1st gen altima because they're fairly cheap, and hardly anybody in my town fixes them up. Is there any major differences in the 93-97 years? i'd like to have the most power for my money, and does one year respond to turbocharging better than another? any and all help is appreciated

·
1,322 Posts
do a search for trim levels. that matters the most. performance wise years are basically the same - same engine, same tranny except some 93's have a limited slip tranny (possibly other years, but most prevalant in 93). the 93-4 have a amber rear blinker while the newer ones have clear. the grill is a little different on the 95+. 93s only have driver side airbag. 93s only have motorized front seatbelts. theres really no major differences between years though. about the turbo, i dont know, i wouldnt think so but you never know. just use the search function and read threads...youll find all the info you need in no time.

·
Banned
3,695 Posts
gen 1 has more upgrade options from what I have noticed. but as for the biggest difference, i think 95 or 96 it changed to an OBDII electrical system, so more sensors to deal with.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
95-97 the first gen became just like any other ordinary car. They are nice and trustworthy but lack a lot of the cool features that the 93-94's have. I just got a 93 and 97 and I like the features of the 93 better.

·
Screamin' Seamin'
561 Posts
The only thing I can't stand about the 93 is the motorized seat belts. They bug the hell out of me, my friend has a 93 and i have a 94 and I truly like mine because there are no motorized sealt belts.

·
Registered
726 Posts
lol...i love the motorized seat belts...lol

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
Damn, only 93's have those god forsaken motorized seatbelts?

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
look for a 97.5 they have side impact beam..maybe save your life one day......thats actualy the biggest difference plus the 97 has the ODBII

·
22,052 Posts
93 and 94 SE's have a 3.895 final ratio. Versus the rest that get 3.650. Woo Wooo....

All the auto's get 3.619.

Did you also know that the SE's and GLE's got CFC free A/C units in 94? The XE and GXE did not come stadard. It was an option. But most got it. If you have cruise control on your GXE or XE, you got the CFC free A/C. So most have the CFC free, but it was not standard.

And if you find a 94 GXE with 4 wheel discs, it got the ABS option, as well as LSD. Any 94 with ABS had LSD.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I've got a 93se with no motorized seat belts:D White 93's Own ....

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
Red n' Wicked_se.......Fully Loaded!! :D

tape/cd player combo
fog lights
intermitent wipers
rear sway bar
diffferent shock/spring combo(stiffer springs i think......not too sure). someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
discs all round
5-spoke rims
n' other stuff that's been mentioned

stillen header
PR CAIw/monster flow
greddy catback
stillen FSTB
swa pulley waitin to be installed
nokya pedal's
EVE stock

94_se

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
1993 SE 5 Spd with LSD, sunroof, spoiler and ABS is the best first gen...and ooooooh looky. That's what I have. :D

I honestly think it is the best one though...LSD, final drive like Peterson said, better stock suspension, just BETTER.
Mine didn't have power seatbelts either. :D

<----also Canadian. ;)

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
Someone explain to me what Limited Slip exactly is... I was told I had it on my 97.5, but I didn't think that was possible. I was also told that LSD only means that when one wheel loses traction, the other gains power to help pull. Again, I feel that may not be the whole story.

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
it means that the wheels are kept within a certain percentage of eachother's rotating speed...so in a corner you don't lose power when one slips or when you are launching...basically limits the amount one of the tires is allowed to slip in respect to the other...keeps power going through both...no single wheel burnouts...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts