The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
I'm going to attempt to model my Altima in a 3d program when I can get good enough pics of my car for a pc driving simulator. I could possibly zip up my model and texture files when and send them to you, for whatever reason.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
03 White Altima 3.5SE said:
I'm going to attempt to model my Altima in a 3d program when I can get good enough pics of my car for a pc driving simulator. I could possibly zip up my model and texture files when and send them to you, for whatever reason.
which game are you making it for?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
what program do you use for 3d modeling?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
AltimaFr3ak03 said:
there are alot, but ive used 3ds max and cinema 4d
I have just started learning 3d Max5. so how do exactly make a 3d model by taking photos from different angels? do I have to use cinema 4d too?

If you give me alittle hint or a website that I can get some info on it, I'll start to make one too.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
DesiEGO said:
Anyone have pics of their rides in the 3D version so that we can get an idea of what you guyz are talking about.....hehehehe !!!!!!!!!!!
It's very common to have a 3d image of your ride, since it takes a lot of talent, knowledge, time and effort to do it. Basically all it is, is the digitally computer generated image of your car (CAD Drawing)... here are a few example. just remember that these are not photos:

I actually might be able to do mine in about a month or so.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm going to be using 3d Studio MAX 5.
Could you give me some guidelines or tips or some online tutorial, on how to create 3d model with photos using 3ds max?
Cause I have 3ds max 5 but not sure how to do it. I know there is a program which does it straight up in a few steps, and it called PhotoModeler Pro (for $800)
here is my email if you can shoot me some info:
[email protected]

Shawn

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I actually don't know how to model yet, this is my first go at it. It'll be a learning proccess for us both. ;) I will send you any good links on modeling I find though.
Oh... I though you already knew how... lol :p then I suggest a book to you. it's for modeling a character in 3d, which the same techniques can be used for vehicles.. I have already bought it, and started on it. it's very good and the book is cheap. The only big problem with 3ds max is that the learning curve is slow... you really have to dedicate some time

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If you give me about a year I'll be able to do it....I'm a computer animation major ;)
I guess we should all team up and get this done quicker.
I study graphics, networking, and programming myself. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts