The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna do something to my trunk, so it looks a little presentable. I was going to put some type of board on the trunk floor, to make it all flat, and so I could screw everything to it for security. But with the curves of the wheel wells, it seems like it will be harder then expected. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Even if you could give me bits and pieces of ideas, I could put them together to how I'd wanna do it. Thanx.

-10" Kicker Solo Baric sub
-30"x15"x15"custom box
-600w Planet Audio amp

·
Registered
336 Posts
GOOD IDEA

I like the idea of putting the board in the floor of the trunk. I have th same problem that u are having with things sliding around and looking messy. Im going to get some MDF and take my carpet to use for a sketch to cut the board, then staple the carpet down... But i have been thinking aobut this and what aobut needing the spare tire.... that would be a huge pain.... any idea on what i could do for that.?

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
2,594 Posts
I just did this to mine. I took plywood and some spacers and built a 4 section platform, I ran all the wires under it and screwed the amp/sub box down to it after putting carpet on. It looks real nice for about 3 hours of work and for my first ever try at building anything. I will post pictures in like a week if you're lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Casper111899=>fiberglass enclosure

Why dont you kick out the spare tire, get some fiberglass resin, fiberglass cloth, bondo, aluminum, wood, and some spare time, and make yourself a kick-ass show quality trunk?

if interested, you can take out everything in the trunk, including the walls, line the spare tire well with the aluminum foil so that the fiberlass enclosure can easily slip out, cut the fiberglass cloth into 12" strips or so, dip them into the fibeglass resin, and place them all along the edges, bottom, top and about 1' around the edge. Now while that is drying, build the "walls" for the enclosure, make the "walls" about 6" high, and 1' wider than the wheel well all around, place it in the trunk accordingly to the measurements and make sure that the well is in the center of the walls, now place more of the fiberglass resin strips along the walls and on the bottom of them enclosure walls, make sure that you completely seal the whole area with the fiberglass, now let dry, then with a brush, brush on more fiberglass over the whole enclosure, the more fiberglass, the thicker the enclosure will be and the more secure it will be. While that is drying, build the top of the whole box, to do this, you need to measure out the whole trunk on an x-plane axis, meaning measure out the contour (grooves, bumbs and what not) of the trunk from the back of the trunk to the front, cut out a shape resembling it and cut out the woofer wholes, place on top of box, (allready in trunk) (if you like you can line board with vinyl or add bondo to the top of the board to add a smooth look, you can also add bumps, and waves and such (see custom car audio pics for ideas)) Screw on the top to the walls of enclosure, and using the whole for the woofers, place sealer caulk along the inside sealing the walls to the top board, finally let dry, once dried, place woofer(s) into the whole(s), screw in and whalla!!!!*

*I did not mention to run all wires nor did i mention how to make an amp rack, c'mon, use your imagination, be creative! ;0)

any questions, email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanx. I'll have to do that in the winter time though. I got anxious and started a new idea already. I re-do my trunk every 3-6 months though, so it won't be long until I start that idea. I got MDF and cut it to fit my trunk floor. Got carpet down and all. I built another box for my Solo Baric. And I sealed everything. So I'll get bored with it pretty fast. Thanx for all the input guys. Keep them coming though, I'll mix and match things I like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts