The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM FIGTING WITH FIVE TOWNS NISSAN NY DEALER WHERE MY CAR WAS SERVICED IN DECEMBER. I NOTICED MELTED NISSAN BADGE ON THE ENGINE TOP COVER AND BLACK SPOT ON HOOD LINER.LINER WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY,BUT ENGINE COVER WAS NOT.SERVICE PERSON TOLD ME :IS COSMETIC AND IS NOT COVERED BY FACTORY WARRANTY.
ANYBODY NOTICED SIMILAR PROBLEM?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Doesn't the warranty Say: 3 yrs or 36,000 miles for the entire car except tires and brakes???? Why did it melt??? Whose fault was it ? Not yours. The designers who work for Nissan!!! Sounds like it should be covered to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
warranty says-bumper to bumper 3 years 36000 miles thats right-but service peroson was so dump.he did not see any thing wrong accept hood liner.but you right -it is a desiner problem because liner is touching engine cover.i called nissan customer service but women on the phone was not helpfull......when i come back again to service they still did not see any problems.i remember somebody had very similar problem around a year ago but i can not find his post.

·
Ahhh the power of Cheese
380 Posts
ALTI id watch ur engine carefully if i were you. A few altimas have had engine fires you know your emblemem melting could be a early sign

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
Noticed mine yesterday while doing an oil change..Will stpo by the dealer and let you all know what they say

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ordered my badge!

My engine badge on the top of the motor started to melt and wrinkle up. I had the dealership take a look and they ordered the part for me and its all covered by the warranty.... I would talk to the service manager and make sure HE understands what the warranty covers!

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Yea mine is peeling and cracking up to. And as for five towns nissan, they are the WORST dealers in the world. I have never experienced such bad business with anyone in my LIFE. I had to get my deposit back from them and take my business elsewhere.. BAD BAD BAD people there, those assholes !

·
All Nissan, All The Time!
620 Posts
Our 2k2 with 4k miles on it is showing signs of the same thing. It is bubbling up around the bottom of the emblem. I have not had the car in a dealership since we bought it back Aug02, but am running a list of TSB, and issues to have addressed. I have changed the oil in the car 2 times now and have noticed the comments about the amount it takes to fill the car as far as variation is concerned. I am betting some of us are draining more of the oil out of the pans..... Higher ramps/No ramps. Ours holds around 5 quarts evertime.

1. Rear suspension noise on rough road... TSB for shocks / fuel.
2. Rattle around sun roof..... TSB as well.
3. Emblem on engine cover. Well will probably be a fight on that one I bet.

Cheers,

Volcano God

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is peeling also...well it's bubbly anyhow. I live in Texas..but it wasn't like that in the summer.

BTW....Who's engine caught fire????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts