The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a hold of a '01 Transponder blank key for my Altima and wanted to know if anybody had the instructions. Some might say you have to go to the dealer to get it programmed, but look at the remote key fobs. Anybody can program the remote key fobs, so i'm hoping that i can also program a blank transponder key. I want to use it for a transponder bypass for a car starter.

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
why would u use a key to bypass the transponder? it doesnt make any sense...anyways, it has to be programmed by the dealer...i work at a nissan dealer...and they use a computer type thing to do it...and if there was different way, im sure they would do it...the remotes r easy to program....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on a car that is equipped with a transponder, u have to bypass (turn off) the transponder briefly so the car can start. Normally you can't start the car w\o a transpondered key. The extra key would go in a transponder bypass module and send the signal to the ignition unit when it's ready to start.

I thought that i might more than likely have to go to the dealership. Do u think the dealer would charge to program the third key for me if i supply the key?

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
unknown_g said:
on a car that is equipped with a transponder, u have to bypass (turn off) the transponder briefly so the car can start. Normally you can't start the car w\o a transpondered key. The extra key would go in a transponder bypass module and send the signal to the ignition unit when it's ready to start.

I thought that i might more than likely have to go to the dealership. Do u think the dealer would charge to program the third key for me if i supply the key?
depends on who u go to...some people will do it for free, some wont...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah Chris, it's not in there. But it would be a good thing if it was possible. I know a couple of cars require you to have two chipped keys in order to program another.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a response from the company and they said that Nissan changed their software on the 2001 so the keyless option is not an option. I'll keep looking for one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i spoke to a dealer today about how much to program the key and it turns out that they will need all the keys and that they have to access my car's computer in order to program the keys. Well i guess that solves the problem with me programming it myself. Wish i had the instructions on how to do it by my cars computer.

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
unknown_g said:
Well i spoke to a dealer today about how much to program the key and it turns out that they will need all the keys and that they have to access my car's computer in order to program the keys. Well i guess that solves the problem with me programming it myself. Wish i had the instructions on how to do it by my cars computer.
they have to use a consult computer diagnostic thing to do it...u can buy one for about $3500...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts