The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
My motor is built by them. seems good to me. they have no warrenty, but if you do find something they machined wrong or something they did not put together. they will work with you. It seems like they make sure its done right. i have not had a problem with my motor yet. i did but not because of them. i bought the motor with problems cheap from someone else. I rebuilt it. Shawn on this site had a motor from them also.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you get built by them? I was wondering if i should do the aspired engine buildup... What should i do? I read that they do nearly 400hp engines etc... help me with advice.

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
how was the shipping and how long did it take them to finish test and return your motor?? did you just have to put it back in the car and hok it up and it ran well??

thinking of going withthem but not sure???

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
I have the N/A build up but with pauter rods. The motor runs well but rich WOT which is good but LEAN at idle on stock ecu. So with that leanness the idle is rough. but I do have motor mounts and it is a built engine with cam work. doesn't stall though. Gets real close sometimes. It is much stronger and pulls than stock of course. I will be getting it tuned soon or later. I do not know what the turn around time is but expect a month or more. So send them another motor. I have kept up with Eclipse gt conv, beaten 1.8t's with no mods or slight, other auto or stick altimas with bolt ons. but it is so untuned and can do better. I was only beating other alti's by maybe a couple cars and one that had a jump on me took time to catch up to him. But with an jwt ecu or tuning, you will do better than me. I will post dyno #'s as soon as this month, I promise.

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
874 Posts
AltiChrisSE01 said:
your opinion of the motor??

have you ever driven a stock altima??

reliable?

gas milage?
Haven't had the chance to swap motors yet so I don't have all the info for you. Yes, I have driven several Altimas in stock form.

·
Registered
885 Posts
They claim to be the best ones at building the KA24DE in the country. They surely seem to know what the hell they're doing.

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
bogmali said:
Haven't had the chance to swap motors yet so I don't have all the info for you. Yes, I have driven several Altimas in stock form.
i was looking for a comparison power wise

thanks anyway

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
shaner said:
They claim to be the best ones at building the KA24DE in the country. They surely seem to know what the hell they're doing.
ill have to call them and form a relationship before i ship anything out

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
I ran there cams , pretty good other than all the custom work it takes to make them work ..... Made my car run the 13's !! The motor I built was basicly a copy of theres ... same basic setup .....

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
874 Posts
SHAWN said:
Made my car run the 13's !! The motor I built was basicly a copy of theres ... same basic setup .....

Sweet :cool: What's up stranger? Haven't had the chance to contact you. I'll be coming back in Nov and if you can set up a date for me to drive down there for you to do the deinstall and install. I'll PM you more on the details.

·
01 SE 5mt
2,562 Posts
i am really thinking of having a motor rebuilt by them, so i either need a new car to drive or another motor so i can still drive my ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Top End Performance

Top End is one the VERY few tuners for Mitsibishi Starions/Chrysler Conquests so you would think they would have a stranglehold considering how hard it is to get parts for that rare model of car. Despite this they have burned enough people that some will never touch them again. One guy in particular spent 5K on a rebuild and his engine literally caught fire while he was driving it home. A LONG time later he was finally able to come to compromise with their insurance company after legal action.

If you want to check it out for yourself www.starquestclub.com and do a search for TEP...you'll find plenty of stories of lies, shoddy workmanship, etc. I might order parts from them at some point if they are the only ones selling and I use my VISA so I can dispute if necessary but that's as far as I would go after reading all the stuff I have.
Hope that helps,

Michael

1 - 16 of 16 Posts