The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know where to drill through the fire wall, but what do i use, i know a 5/16th bit for an 8 gauge wire, but can any ordinary drill get through? and where is the factory grommet at??

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
950 Posts
get cobalt bits or something better than the cheap bits you have.

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
Okay that's happened to me a million times drilling through peoples firewall, first off try not to use the smallest bit but one just a lil bigger than the smallest you got, also when using such a small bit don't put to much pressure on the tip, i've snapped many bits that way, just take your time and it'll go through the firewall...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, i'll work with that 2morrow, but what about the factory grommet?, i was using cheap bits when i snapped it at the time, i didn't wanna use my dad's nice ones in case i messed them up or broke them, but 2morrow i will and use a thicker one etc, still tho, hasn't anybody here actually used to factory grommet? if so do u got pics?

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
i've heard of a couple ppl that used the factory on this site, but i can't think of any names. do a search, cuz i remember a thread where someone posted pics of doing it. might even be in the FAQ, i'm not sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts