The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its called Chromalusion, changes colors with the angle of the sunlight....pretty interesting...now i know most of you are gonna hate it, but does ANYONE like it? i think it would look interesting on an alty...

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic #2

keep in mind this is all the same paint...just changes colors depending wat angle you're looking at it...

·
Non-Newbie
476 Posts
I've never seen that particular paint "In Person" but I painted my drums and calipers with the Duplicolor, Mirage paint and I love the look. :)
I think it's a great idea for small details on a vechicle BUT it looks like ASS when the whole car is painted with it. What were you thinking of painting?

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wanted most of my car like that...but $1000 for 1 GALLON!??!?! DAMMMMMNNNN is right!

·
belongs -> @ltimas.net
428 Posts
the price has dropped already
b4 when the paint just came up
double that price

up here toronto

it cost $5000 CDN to paint a WHOLE prelude

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
after searching online, i found that the paint is $250 per pint ...and if a truck needs 2.5 gallons of chromalusion,an alty would need probably around 2...so haw many pints in a gallon?

·
Registered
881 Posts
You could get it factory a few years ago on Mustangs (GT, I think). And there's a restored 70's model Ford pickup around here with it. I've also seen a Mustang w/ racing stripes that color. It didn't match & it looked doo doo brown.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
94 and 95 model stangs had that paint available. I remember seeing a few sitting out in front of the dealerships.

·
enlarged member
417 Posts
The mustang paint is not the same, but it is similar. The mustangs had a purple to green color change. They only made 500, it was an expensive paint option. I don't know what Ford called it but PPG called it "Color of Money" because it was allegedly based on the colorchanging ink in the (then) new $20 bills. The problem with the Mustang color (as several people observed) is that it turns brown when it is dirty.

There are 8 pints in a gallon.

I have a motorcycle painted in that chromillusion paint (by the way, there are several varieties of those colors - depending on which colors you want it to turn) It did cost close to $300 wholesale for a pint, not including the base color (the chromillusion is a "mid coat"), the clear, or the hardners. It probably cost $500 just for the paint on the bike.

It does look good, though, at least on the bike, because there are so many curves and small parts. On a car, I really think it would look better as a secondary color (like a stripe, or as flames).

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
1k a gallon? Try 600 per quart. That's right, I've gotten pricing from body shops. there was a mustang cobra in a body shop with that same exact color, but it was in an accident. They said it's 6 bills per quart.

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn, the higher i hear the price is...the mroe i want it! cause its so unique!

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
yeah, a fixed up 1st gen here in SD had it. it was purple and ruby red I think. Looked great cuz the overall color was dark. too bad the car got totalled. He was going to sell me his audio stuff.
Jae

·
-= Free Yourself =-
118 Posts
Im Pretty sure this is what you guys are talking about... i must saw it looks DAMN! good... too bad ima poor highschool student :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just had a friend paint his honda with that color it looks good it cost him 3000 for the whole car to be painted down in South Carolina

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
I first saw it on a support truck at the NHRA Nationals 3 years ago.
It looks great if it is applied well - I've see a Lexus in Indy that looks like ass.
There is a new Beetle in Lafayette with it, and it looks sharp. But then there are those who would lessen it's attractiveness - like the guy who brought a stock Chrysler minivan painted with it to a party last year....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts