The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help installing a 2nd battery in my trunk for my stereo. Can somone help me out with what all I need? Do I need an isolator? All responses would be appreciated.

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
just a bit of advise, your doing a smart thing. instead of buying a capasiter, you can buy a nice battery that will do the job better for the same price. im only running 1000 watts max, so i really dont need either. good luck on the install. just get some thick power wire, thru the car somewhere and keep runnin it til you are at the desired spot. GOOD LUCK!!!

also do a seach if no one responds!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
i would try and get a HO alternator and a red top optima battery.
he means yellow :)and Gavin's right.. it's mainly to extend engine-off listening.

The best way is to have matching batteries, front and back. Same make, model, and age...

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
i said red, because its a starter battery. iv always wanted a yellow but i always get told to get red cuz of it being a starter...

what do u say? u got yellow right?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Gavin's got it. Red is SLI (starting, lighting, ignition) only, yellow is recommended for anything with additional accessory loads (like cars with systems, RV's, etc)..

·
Banned
503 Posts
i use the two battery system one because of my shaved door handels and need emergency power just incase and also i have 2 kicker zr600 amps and a couple of tvs and neons so to take extra strain of the battery i did it what i did is put an optima yellow cap up front and a die hard gold series battery in the trunk using the 4 gauge i ran for my amp to it and grounding it in the trunk the running my amp straight from the the two caps to the battery i like it i have no problems with my lights flickering

·
Banned
43 Posts
Adding on a second battery is a great thing to do. Cuz if dont n u have massive subs n power then its gonna take energy from ur regular battery.

·
2,446 Posts
You should be fine with just one battery. Might want to upgrade your alternator first. Like stated above, you only really need a 2nd battery if you are playing your system while the car is off.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If only adding a 2nd battery helps when the engine is off, then why do some people state that there lights dim less when they have added a 2nd battery?

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
groupie said:
i use the two battery system one because of my shaved door handels and need emergency power just incase and also i have 2 kicker zr600 amps and a couple of tvs and neons so to take extra strain of the battery i did it what i did is put an optima yellow cap up front and a die hard gold series battery in the trunk using the 4 gauge i ran for my amp to it and grounding it in the trunk the running my amp straight from the the two caps to the battery i like it i have no problems with my lights flickering
wahddya say? Punctuation man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts