The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got Six?
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of an oem grill that has been chromed. urious has to how it would look.

·
Registered
447 Posts
One of my friends did it. I honestly, didnt notice it when I looked at the car. Mostly because I looked at the grille and saw the same shape and design as the stock grille so I didnt look at it any closer. But once I found out and I saw it, I must say it looked pretty good.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That's an interesting question, if someone has pictures, I'd like to see them.

I was thinking of painting my OEM grille chrome but then opted to painting it white, as my car is white.

·
Got Six?
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rlsr20de said:
its plastic..
As are 99.99% of other chrome oem grills and trim. I am sure it is not the same process as metal chroming but it obviously can be done.

·
Registered
198 Posts
its been done before, i dont remember who, but they used this chrome film stuff on the grill. i believe they just did the front of the three horizontal bars, but i'm sure if you wanted you could cover the whole thing. personally i like the look of a painted (same color as the rest of the car) oem grill best, nissan should have sold the cars like that stock.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
cmirza said:
its been done before, i dont remember who, but they used this chrome film stuff on the grill. i believe they just did the front of the three horizontal bars, but i'm sure if you wanted you could cover the whole thing. personally i like the look of a painted (same color as the rest of the car) oem grill best, nissan should have sold the cars like that stock.
I don't remember who it was either but they used the Chrome Brite thing they sell in Auto Stores, worked like a charm and looked cool for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts