The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking on ebay and well what i have noticed is that they go for lots of money f they are in good condition....the best looking one ive seen so far is a 91 twin turbo..burgundy with grey leather interior....100k miles....its going for 5k but reserve has not been met....im waiting on him to sign on so i can ask him wassup with the price..how much he wants and can i see it...its the best looking one by me that i can actually check out..its in jersey...
anyone know like common probs/glitches with the z???thanksi need stuff to look out for so that maybe i can talk him down on the price...peace

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
I assume you're talking about the Twin-Turbos, since the N/A 300ZX's were terribly underpowered, and I wouldn't recommend you buy one of those... but if you ARE looking at the N/A 300ZX, and you're OK with an inherent lack of power, they're great cars. the VG30DE is a bullet-proof engine, and Nissan Transmissions are notoriously robust.

Anyways, back to the TT. I looked into this a while back, but I decided against getting a 300ZX for several reasons. At about 90K miles (maybe more if the particular car was very well maintained), the turbos will start to die. You will need the turbos completely rebuilt. The reason for this is that in an effort to keep the cost "down", they went with turbos without bearings. Plus, if you've ever looked inside the engine bay of a 300ZX, you'll find there's absolutely no room. As a comical example, if you drop something in the top, there's no guarantee that it will come out the bottom.

Also, from my driving experiences with 300ZX's, I find that they're hard to drive around on a daily basis because of the massive blind-spots in the rear. From the outside, they look nice, but from the inside looking out, it's very cozy, or clausterphobic, depending on how you feel about tight spaces. Personally, I like tight cars, but I prefer to be able to see everything that's around me... SLK's are like this. They're small on the inside, but outward visibility is great, especially for a convertible.

Hope this helps,
Peter

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thats exactly what i was just looking up.....i think im gonna go vw but ive only heard of more garbage about them...the corrado g60...madd probs with the charger...which is always from $800 to $1000 and also probs with the vr6....this suks...i wanted a pathfinder like a newer one and put the infinity kit on it....but thats way passed my limit..i wanna be able to get the car and still have some dough for mods and stuff...i think i might just go with a 91 or a 92 gti or gli 16v or 8v...its the only car that i really know about that are easy to fix..plenty of mods for it....but i dunno im madd confused right now....thanks for the info dude i appreciate it..peace

·
"Member"
319 Posts
man just the other day i was looking on ebay for a 300zx but i looked on yahoo for some and they go for alot if ya want a twin turbo one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts