The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A d m i n
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know most of you do not give a crap - i was just wondering if anyone followed hockey. my coworkers think i am nuts but the way i see it the next two weeks will be the only high level of play for many months.

if you do follow - anyone rooting for a team other than US?

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
I didn't even know there was a hockey world cup. But how many countries play hockey ??? Is it a tournament between 4 or 5 teams ??? Please, take no offense. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to hockey :embarasse

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't even know there was a hockey world cup. But how many countries play hockey ??? Is it a tournament between 4 or 5 teams ??? Please, take no offense. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to hockey
Hope this link answers your question. http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/feature.asp?fid=9015

It is a huge deal to us Canadians, or at least the ones that follow hockey ... Also make note that USA are the defending champions.:(

·
aka BigDirty
41 Posts
USA!USA!USA!

·
A d m i n
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

usa V finland tonight (espn2, 7:00 EST) - i know only about 17 people in the us care but i'm all juiced up for this game. of course i root for the us but my favorite player is in the finns (koivu).

good day and good hockey all

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
If they don't pull something out of their asses to fix this negotiation shit between the NHLPA and the owners I'm going to be so hella pissed.

Go Canada!

·
A d m i n
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
altima 8 did you see the proposal from the Pa and the NHL's response...... these guys are like my 3 year olds!!!!

no hockey after tuesday for a long time......

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Habs11 said:
altima 8 did you see the proposal from the Pa and the NHL's response...... these guys are like my 3 year olds!!!!

no hockey after tuesday for a long time......
I avoid the news and newspapers because they are informative, boring and depressing. :(

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
ya.. I know sucks .. oh well..

But we will get shinny hockey yay!!! 72 players are making the orginal 6 league. They will play, just about everywhere in canada in local arenas.

No 2 lines, no penalties but penalty shot. Old time hockey baby..:)

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
bulletproof said:
ya.. I know sucks .. oh well..

But we will get shinny hockey yay!!! 72 players are making the orginal 6 league. They will play, just about everywhere in canada in local arenas.

No 2 lines, no penalties but penalty shot. Old time hockey baby..:)
What KINDA players? Just Joe Lunchpail and his buddies or NHLers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts