The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just tried putting on my Greddy on my '93 and I got the old one off and I tired putting the new one on but the piping wouldn't connect to the cat it was too wide. What do I have to do to make it fit? (I might be going to a muffler shop so I don't have to deal with it.) I want it on since I had to bend my stock one so I could get it off. And right now I'm just running my cat with no exhuast pipes and it rattles me and my car hella bad.

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
I had to go to the muffler shop with my greddy. I have a kit where the hole is for the exhaust, it doesn't match with the muffler at all! So I just went to the job and manager did cusom pipe bending... And about the cat, I have no cat lol sorry

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
dmonger, do you still have the stock piping? The muffelr shop may use the flange from the stock piping that was bolted to the cat, cut off the flange of the GReddy, and then weld the stock flange to the GReddy.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
flarearrow said:
dmonger, do you still have the stock piping? The muffelr shop may use the flange from the stock piping that was bolted to the cat, cut off the flange of the GReddy, and then weld the stock flange to the GReddy.

NOOOO dont do that !!! All that needs to be done it it has to be shortened !! Just take it to an exhaust shop they will be able to do it for like $30 tops !! Some of the SE and others have different exhaust setups , but there is ony one Greddy ... So some have to be slightly modified ....... It was hard to cut on a $500 exhaust , but well worth it !!!

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
you can't weld stock size flanges on an aftermarket exhaust system. Well you could, but it totally defeats the purpose of the larger free-flowing exhaust. If you weld the stock size flanges on, then the exhaust has to shrink down to fit through it, causing an increase in backpressure, but a loss in overall hp.

you're buying the larger piping and muffler so that the exhaust can flow faster and smoother, so putting a bottleneck in the system isn't gonna help.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
OK. But am I understanding correctly that the problem is not that the Greddy can't reach the cat, but the bolt holes on the Greddy do not match up with the ones on the cat?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
flarearrow said:
OK. But am I understanding correctly that the problem is not that the Greddy can't reach the cat, but the bolt holes on the Greddy do not match up with the ones on the cat?
Basicly the Greddy is to long ... So you just have to cut a short chunk out of it , on mine I just cut it , shortened it a little , then spread the pipe so I could slide it together , then bolted it on and welded it where it needed to be !

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bolts won't match-up with the cat. But besides that I don't know if the piping it'self is too long or what. But I'm about to take it up to the muffler shop and see what they can do for me. I just need something on there. Running with just my cat is driving me crazy and so are my parents.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
The other choice would be to drill a nnew set of holes, on either the flange of the GReddy ot the cat, and a use a new set of bolts to connect the two.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
dmonger said:
The bolts won't match-up with the cat. But besides that I don't know if the piping it'self is too long or what. But I'm about to take it up to the muffler shop and see what they can do for me. I just need something on there. Running with just my cat is driving me crazy and so are my parents.

Hmm, someone has been messing with that exhaust then ...

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
mrdeucie said:
For some reason the chick in your sig looked hotter when the other chick was there.
One of the members in 2002-2003 forums complained that his mom saw my sig.... he has about 3000+ posts, new 3.5 altima, and mommy complained because I had a picture of a girl sitting on guy's face at a midnight club. :confused:

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SHAWN said:
Hmm, someone has been messing with that exhaust then ...
Messing with it how? And can that be fixed by buying a new cat. My old is one rattling since I have a exhaust leak and I'm gonna kill my friends that put it back on for not putting it on tight enough so it drags over every speed bump.

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
you cut or mess with the greddy exhaust you goin lose you're warrenty ..... took off cat converter & replaced it with a straight thru pipe.

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I take off my cat I'm gonna out a new one on. I'm not going to run without a cat.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
are'nt there 2 on the alty anyway-pre-cat and main cat. just dump one.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Since the o2 sensors are taking readings from the "pre-cat", replacing the cat that's udner the car for a testpipe... you should not throw off the ECU and still pass emmissions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts