The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an air ionizer from the Sharper Image plugged into my cigarette lighter. The thing is not that big, but it keeps falling out. Same thing with my cell phone battery charger cord, or my radar detector power cord. Is this common, or just my bad luck?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zEk-sss said:
you mean the adapter part that is plugged in slips out of the lighter?

yes, and its annoying when you are on the open road speeding, and your radar detector suddenly is off

·
Registered
192 Posts
try gettin a new lighter socket.

G

·
I have trouble with my power inverter falling out. I just open the drink holder, and that keeps it from falling out.

Demmy

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,158 Posts
mrdeucie said:
my whole socket falls out. It's always hard tryin to get whatever I have in there, out of the lighter.
Holy shit, that happens to me too. I'll plug in like a light or an air pump, and when I go to pull it out, the whole shit comes out.:mad:

·
10,560 Posts
Mike4 said:
Holy shit, that happens to me too. I'll plug in like a light or an air pump, and when I go to pull it out, the whole shit comes out.:mad:
Same here. It's such a hassle sometimes.

·
*Horny Member*
471 Posts
ditto, there is a slight setting where the lighter socket actually catches onto the plastic but it's hard to find it, and it moves easily.

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
the stock cigarette lighter on my first gen was small as hell, my radar detector wouldn't even work cause it would fall out. My solution was a 5 dollar longer cigarette lighter that fit right where the old one was using the same power cable. All i have to do is super glue it so it stays in and that's it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrdeucie said:
my whole socket falls out. It's always hard tryin to get whatever I have in there, out of the lighter.
same thing on my brother's 94 Sentra. I am now convinced its just shitty workmanship.

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Mike4 said:

Ditto here. I finally got a 3-hole unit and mounted it right in front of the ash tray and keep it plugged into the light all the time. Then I keep my detector and cellphone cords plugged into that.

·
Now that was just ghey...
113 Posts
i have the same car, and the same problem dude. i just live with it. try holding the socket back and pulling on the power cord insted of just yanking the whole thing out.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
on all these plugs, isn't ther a metal brace that is slightly bend, that makes the contact in the plug. when I had the problem, I bend that metal clip out more so it fits snugger.

·
Old Fart out West
318 Posts
When I got my cell phone and car charger, the charger came with a simple little plastic sleeve that fits over the plug (with hole for the metal contacts) so the whole thing fits more snug. Go to Radio Shaft or any store selling cell phone auto chargers (Car Toys, Good Guys, etc) and see if you can find the unit. Should be really cheap. (take your cig lighter charger in with you, so you can test fit it).

Good luck!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
victor said:
on all these plugs, isn't ther a metal brace that is slightly bend, that makes the contact in the plug. when I had the problem, I bend that metal clip out more so it fits snugger.
checked for that, no luck.......i was really just wondering if it was just my car.....it seems to be a Nissan issue

·
the 1 and only KING DOG
791 Posts
Chris said:

Same here. It's such a hassle sometimes.

what the hell the same thing happens to me too damn

1 - 20 of 21 Posts