The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly, this company has the intake pipe for the Alti'. I just want to know if anyone has got anything from this company. Let me know on the out come of the difference between just using the filter with the 240sx adapter and using the pipe from placeracing. It seem's i've seen this pipe on some Alti's here in the gallery. But no news about the hp you be getting. What i'd like to know is if someone out there can get two Alti's on some dyno's with these two type's of intakes.
One with just the filter on the adapter, the other one with the pipe from placeracing.
Please keep me posted on the outcome of the result's. That's if anyone can do this?( I have in mind someone from Stillen.):D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
yeah, I had the pr cai on my car before it was towed away by insurance. It's sitting in my garage at the moment. Contact PR and ask them to send you the PDF file of the dyno. Then call up Stillen and ask them to show u proof of their pop-charger.
This post shoulda been posted in the general forum, but it's ok. Do a search for "wai cai" and you'll see manny many many discussions about pro/con of both systems. In general, CAI gives u boost in the low and mid range, while wai helps you on top. Peronally, the low/mid range is where my gf wanted the power for normal daily driving, so that's why we got the cai. plus it sounds better than wai (helps when u rev at someone to initiate a race)
Jae

·
Man Of Steel
1,182 Posts
are u talking about testing the CAI vs WAI??? just pick one and get it..and yes 95% of the site knows PR they are the one of the few who make a CAI for the alty...if you have a 1st gen Nissanlunatic has made a CAI for the 5spd and is in producion already..its all up to you

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
5sp only? what's the diff w/automatics? the TB?
Jae

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good lookin' out

I was talkin' about the cai vs wai. Thing is i'd like to compare both products on dyno charts that way it'll show the big picture.
Now when you be talkin' about the high end, with the sound and all. In my case i get no sound from the front, but i get the sound from the rear of my exhust. The reason being, is i be sporting a Banzai exhaust system. So the air flow from my exhaust is free flowing. I beleive there's less of back pressure on a 4 inch round muffler whereas a oval shaped exhaust. Besides i tried a oval exhuast, it made my exhuast sound muffled. In which is all good. However the con about this system you get a rattling sound from the very tip. I'm not sure if others exprencied this on their Alti' But i have, and i can say there's some Alti's runnin' here in OC with an oval system and they too get that rattling tip sound from the rear.
Now with the intake, i'd like to know if anyone has tried to drop a down pipe from behind the engine bay towards the fire wall. From lookin' at my 1st gen there's a gap of about 8-10 inchs of space below the master brake cylinder. If i had a scanner here at work i'd post the pic of what i'm talkin' about.
Also, where in the world is that pipe from pr going down through?
I can't really see any pic of the location.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
you could drop a pipe down the firewall, but you'd be sucking up a lotta crap that gets kicked up from turbulence and your wheels...not a good idea. If you notice hi-perf sport cars that are rear engine, they suck their air in from the side, behind the doors, and not from the floor.
I need a physics person to confirm this: wouldn't the air under the car be very very turbulent and perhaps even a vacuum cuz the pressure's pretty low?
Jae

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.