The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bigbirds Best Friend
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have had it with the trials and tribulations of having a modified car in Los Angeles.. They finally broke into it and I am looking to trade it in. Do you know what the details are as far as using a heavily modified car as a trade-in?

any info will be nice.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
What you got? List modds and I'll tell you what they'll give you. You will get more then a stock ride...but not much. My advise would be to part out all the perf. parts and then sell it.

·
Bigbirds Best Friend
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have:

Full Custom Kit (sides and rear molded)
Fender flares (molded)
Full white/nebio blue two tone interior
Momo Steering Wheel
Custom Trunk
Ground Controls
Rims..

I am going to take off the rims, exhaust, springs and beat but the body has to stay as is.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Got pics? I'm sure you can get rid of most. I might buy/swap interior with you If I like the colours.Thanks

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Try the paper first though, for any car you'll get more $ thru a private sale than trading it at a dealer. I think they offered me something like $1500 for my 94 altima with 145k on it, and im pretty sure i could get at least $2000 out of it on a private sale.

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
I used to work for Toyota so if you want to trade in your car, their not gonna give you shit for all the mods you have done. Take all your mods off and sell it. If you want to know how much you will get for your car just go to KBB.com and check what the trade in value is. They shouldn't give you anything less than what the trade-in value is. If you have any other questions just ask me and I'll be more than glad to help. I use to be a sales and leasing representative for Toyota and Toyota buyers are probably the smartest and cheapest car buyers around so I'm sure I can help you out somehow.

·
Bigbirds Best Friend
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bvexp: Thanks man.. I have one question for you... off the subject.. Should I go 4Runner Limited or Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
No problem. On your question about the 4runner limited or Jeep Grand Cherokee, if you want something that will be worth your money and holds it's value get the 4runner. All Toyota's hold their value because for the plain and simple fact that they are built the right way. When I worked at Toyota they would send us to the local plant here and we would get to see how they made the cars and it was impressive on how detailed they we're about everything. I've worked at both Toyota and Honda and I would have to say Toyota has the edge on Honda. You might pay more up front in the Toyota but you will get your money's worth in the long run. Oh yeah are u planning on financing your new car, cuz I can help you save some money there too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts