The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The stupid city snow plow came too close to my car and this is what it did. I'm guessing city won't pay for it cause it's aftermarket, same with insurance, and my deductable is just as much as a new one. Some one on the site once told me that stillen covers all cracks and breaks on their bumpers, I'm guessing it won't cover this though, anyone know if I can bondo this back together or something?

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
exactly, take that shit to court if nothing happens. It shouldn't have hit you as long as you were parked legally, but still.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thing is that I don't think it technically hit me because snow was pushed up all over the side of the car, I didn't find out till much later when I cleared all the snow so I could pull out. I'm sure the driver didn't even realize the damage was done, but yeah I've been considering finding out if I could take it to court or something. I'm still wondering if it's worth my time and if I risk losing any more money.

·
4,020 Posts
My friend hit a pot hole once on a street in the city, (she lives in suburbia and was coming to see me) and she was told if she had reported the pot hole to the city before she hit it, they would have covered the damage to her right side suspension. So needless to say she fought it for about 6 months, and wouldn't you know it after a lot of bickering and fighting they actually paid her for the $600 worth of damage to the suspension, rim and tire.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
DAYUM! Did that happen in Minneapolis? I'd petition to the city to get it fixed if I were you...

Over the summer, when I still had my Accord, I hit an unmarked dip on a street in Maple Grove. It slightly cracked my front bumper so I called the city and they said I should send it a letter and pics of what happened. They didn't say how likely it would be they'd fix it, though. I never did it 'cause I just stopped caring about the car.

·
Kitt Shicker
1,128 Posts
no, **** this trying shit. don't say, "ummm do you think you can pay for my damages please?" demand that they make them fix it!!!! do not back down, be aggressive, be annoying, you should not have to pay for someone elses **** up.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mohamed said:
DAYUM! Did that happen in Minneapolis? I'd petition to the city to get it fixed if I were you...

Over the summer, when I still had my Accord, I hit an unmarked dip on a street in Maple Grove. It slightly cracked my front bumper so I called the city and they said I should send it a letter and pics of what happened. They didn't say how likely it would be they'd fix it, though. I never did it 'cause I just stopped caring about the car.
Yeah it happened on one of the one way streets around the U, that's why it's on the passenger side. Who did you contact when you sent pics and stuff? By the way remember that snow fall on a sunday? Well it was when I had to move my car for snow emergency cleanup was when I found out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Humpty: Did you purchase the lip directly from Stillen? I got mine from Stillen years ago and I got one replaced under warranty. The only complaint I have was they did not send me a "real" Stillen lip. It didn't even say their name on it. The quality of the replacement is really weak and it cracked a few months later. Call my cell and I'll tell you more about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts