The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Double "A" from the Bay !
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my hood open and when I was backing up, my friend notice that the engine was shaking/moving like it was loose. I mean, isn't it suppose to be stable? or is that normal? It's kinda weird because it looks like the engine gonna fall off.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

AltaMotions2002

·
Registered
343 Posts
this is a big problem with the ser/specv's. Very soft motor mounts allow the motor to shift over alil over an inch, and when you shift quickly enough to 2nd, it WILL NOT go into 2nd because the cable shifter is effectively shortened by it not being long enough for the briefly shifted motor. Was mostly solved by motor mount inserts....dunno if anyone makes them for you, but they are a good cheap investment.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
HRmm, mine does that too but I don't think the way your explaining it. I have an auto with just a WAI. I popped the hood, put car in neutral and did some test revs to hear my WAI. I even posted a video on here quite a while back and I can see my engine move upward into the cabin when I reved it up. Even moreso when I floored it. I'm guess that's normal for most engines. Not sure about the shaking though the way you described it.

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
Acually it is not normal, but believe me in saying that you are, and we all are losing sooooo much power in our 2.5 altimas. when my car was on the dyno and we had the hood up and we layed on it man was it suprising what we saw, the motor practically pulls into the firewall, its amazing how much the damn thing torques but no one has made mounts for our altimas.... the same problem is on the Sentra's and both place racing & ES have made aftermarket complete replacements, and just insert fixes for the problem, but they dont fit the altima. bleh

·
Double "A" from the Bay !
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
Just reving your motor with the hood open wont show how much it really moves. When its in gear it has alot more movement, that is why alot of people have broken there Injen intake, they dont allow for all the movement.

·
Got VQ Power?? On Juice??
1,470 Posts
if you also replace the motor mounts the vibrations would go all over the car and it would get a little anoying for some people. i wouldnt mind that, i would actually like to get the polyurethane (the orange ones). my friend has those on his GT and those are so much better den stock. But this thing vibrates like crazy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts