The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i wanted to get NGK wires in red but they only come in blue. so i was wondering if anyone painted their wires. if so, what kind of paint did u use and also, were there any problems?

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Might crack once the heat gets at em. I remember him saying they were holding up good tho.

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
If u want ngks in red buy magnacor there the same thing but red.

·
Audi Quattro AWD owns me.
213 Posts
I used to have Mag's in my Alty. I noticed a huge difference (for spark plug wires) and yeah, they came red. I believe they're cheaper than NGK's as well.

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
magnecors are like 75-85 plus shipping bro.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
don't they make wire covers-i think vitek makes kits you can buy. they help shelid heat and have alot of different colors and sizes. you can do alot of other wires in your engine bay to match. just a thought.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
magnecor's are almost twice as much as NGK, and NOT WORTH IT IMO.

the NGK wires are awesome, except the blue part. Yes, i painted mine black, but i used an enamel right onto the wire, and it's held up ok, but it's definitely noticable. It's peeled in some spots, and cracked in others. But i frequently take them on/off to the check/change spark plugs.

use a primer first, then maybe an enamel. good luck

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think most people agree (as do i) that ngk is the way to go. now if i can just get around the blue, i'll be good to go. might have to look into vitek's wire covers. anyone know where i could find something like that?

·
502 Posts
i know ngk comes stock as the spark plugs but i see prestolite on my wires. do you think i will see an improvement by switching to NGK wires? i'm not sure what the difference could be...how does the resistance and wire diameter compare? i can't seem to find any data on the prestolite wires.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts