The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering its the same motor from the maxima to the altima i bet it would bolt right up. anyone try it yet?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I remember it was talked about in another thread a while back, but I don't think anyone ever tried it. The only benefit I could see would be the LSD, of course it would be nice to have a lower cruising RPM.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
i remember them talkin about it and saying it would work without a lot of work and money. i may be wrong, but i remember someone saying that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I bet it would be even easier now that the 2k4 Maxima is on the Altima platform.

·
iLoveUman
1,116 Posts
considering the 5spd altima is just as fast as the 6spd maxima, why even bother? spend the money on something else

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
according to car and driver stats the maxima is a couple ticks faster. not that you really need it, but a closer ratio gear box would be fun(as long as its not city driving)

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
It was also stated that you'd need to change the chip as well with the new transmission.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
screw the 6-spd. Thats old. I'm gonna put a 10-speed on my 4-banger!!!:cool: :D

...anyone know where I can purchase a nice roof rack for the alty?

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
deezy24 said:
screw the 6-spd. Thats old. I'm gonna put a 10-speed on my 4-banger!!!:cool: :D

...anyone know where I can purchase a nice roof rack for the alty?
I believe Thule has a mounting kit for the alti now. Last time I checked they said winter '02.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts