The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cuz my boy was tellin me yesterday that he raced an altima, which he thinks is to be a 1st gen, but might be a 2nd gen...he said he was in the fast lane and was bein tailed by this altima on his way to work, and then he changed all the way to the right and him and the altima both pulled like crazy to over 200...he said the altima was even wit him through out, but once the altima hit the heavy air under the bridge it almost lost it, so it backed off, and the porsche was gone!!!

I was surprised that an altima can hold it with any type of porsche!!!

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
^^ old bags race hardcore lol :)D)

i don't really think anyone on this site would go so hardcore on public roads going to work lol
yeah thats hardcore though, sure as hell isn't stock, rev limiter must have been taken off.
you sure it was an altima? maybe it was something else your friend got confused about

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
3,664 Posts
I've only been able to push 185...190 before the car gets to light and dangerous to control....either it was a different car your boy was racing OR the speeds are fluffed

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
god damnit coach stop changing the old bag thing lol

max i've been able to push was around ^^ system's kph
i don't think an alti can go that fast unless the ecu has been modded.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Most I've gone was 185 on the 407. With crosswinds I almost lost control. I know I did make it from Warden to 427 in 15 minutes that day.

The alty would max out at 193ish which is 120mph. The only way it could hit 200kph is if it was a 1st gen with an ecu upgrade.

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
^^ surprized that you would go so fast on the ETR with those wolf packs going around once in a while

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
had the girl I picked up keeping a look out! :D

actually, it was flow of traffic at the time and I was the slow car :eek:

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually...ladies and gentlemen...my boy is not mistaken cuz he knows car really...he worked at a garage for the last three years of highschool and all of university...he's smart enuff to know that NISSAN owned this years autoshow, and that he's gonna purchase a 350Z in two months thanks to a montly 600 bonus from his company...he knows his cars...about the speeds...he wouldn't lie...what does a 25 year old in a porsche got to lie about...if i was him...i'd be embarrassed to say a 4cylinder grocery getter kept up wit my porsche!!!

also...i drive a 2001 and have done 210km/h about 3 weeks ago on the 403 between Eastgate Pkwy and Erin Mills Pkwy!!! and my car will prolly do it again if yall don't believe me!!!

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
coach said:
The alty would max out at 193ish which is 120mph. The only way it could hit 200kph is if it was a 1st gen with an ecu upgrade.
Not true drew. I've had mine up over 200kph on flat land a few times. I also had the needle at a 7-oclock position on the gauge.. but it stops at 5 oclock... so I dont know how fast i was going. (this was downhill also.. haha... 6200rpm's in 5th gear is nuts.

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
how? i've never passed 190
thats awkward
i have an auto gxe 95

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
3,664 Posts
I know its "doable" but how can you say you are going 210 when the odometer only reads 200KPH??

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
MachoMachoMan said:
how? i've never passed 190
thats awkward
i have an auto gxe 95
Becuase you're is auto.. My mother;s old 93gxe auto wouldn't crack 200 either... even with the od off or on...

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
hm...
never htought there would be that big of a difference

1 - 20 of 40 Posts